VERNON - Trick or Treating

prompt: Y/N goes trick or treating with Vernon, her childhood best friend who she has not seen for a few years. 

• making out

• 2.3k words

enjoy!

 "I'm outside" 

"I'm outside" 

Reading the text message on your phone, you inhaled deeply and whispered a little "it's gonna be okay, everything will be cool and fun and... not awkward at all!". It's not like you were meeting your old friend for the first time in years and didn't know at all if he grew up to be nice and just like your schooldays or if he became a total stranger.

But hey, if he agreed to go trick or treating with you on this Halloween night it's because he is happy to spend time with you! You checked yourself in the bathroom mirror and smiled proudly at your work. In front of you stood the reflection of a pretty well-executed cosplay from corpse bride. You were Emily and Vernon was supposed to dress as Victor. 

When you were kids, you both were really into Halloween and cosplays in general. Every year, as you were neighbors too, you went trick or treating together and your biggest dream was to do matching costumes from your most beloved spooky film: Corpse Bride. But one year, when you were 13 and decided to finally do Victor and Emily on Halloween, Vernon's parents got divorced and he left to stay with his mom and sister in another country. His dad remained in the old house near yours, so you managed to see each other during summer vacation but as you grew older, both of you started spending summer with your other friends and eventually you lost the strong link that you had before. 

You were still in contact and eventually wished each other birthdays and stuff, talking sometimes but nothing much more. Therefore, you obviously got really happy when this year, Vernon texted you announcing he was coming home to spend the autumn break at his dad's and said yes when you excitedly asked him to celebrate Halloween with you. 

Apparently, he didn't forget about the corpse bride thing, cause he evoked himself the costumes ideas. Days went by, Vernon came back on the 30th but you could not meet before the trick or treat night and now was finally the moment. 

Thinking of all your memories, you rushed down the stairs, almost tripping over your dead bride wedding dress and opened the door cursing.

- Well, well, happy to see you too Y/N.

Vernon was standing there, wearing the recognizable suit which you detailed from his feet to his shoulders. How could he get so tall? And...built. You thought glad to have your cheeks covered in blue. Talking about makeup, your old friend surely had skills, his Victor makeup was remarkably good and still, you could see the little smirk at the side of his mouth. He had the same impish but warm look in his beautiful eyes, and you found yourself going back in time.

- Look at you! You look so great; did you take cosplay     lessons or what? You asked

- I wanted to brag about how amazing and talented I am but     actually, my sister did it for me, I have zero credit on the makeup.