I. Norway

Natasha Romanoff - one of the famous six Avengers

Natasha Romanoff - one of the famous six Avengers. Trained in the Red Room, the assassin (also known as Black Widow) and a light brunette little girl are on a ferry going right through the middle of Norway. She decided to flee from the USA to Europe for her own safety and obviously for the safety of Gabrielle, her only daughter.

Elle was a little confused about the whole situation as her mother never told her too many details. Natasha never wanted her daughter's childhood to be like this so she constantly tries to hide from her what's truly happening outside in the real world. She was the little girl's shield against truth and reality.

Meanwhile Elle was just tired of it all, she didn't blame her mother of course, but it all happened so quickly that she still hasn't recovered from what occurred, didn't really understand it as well. She misses her old life back in New York, her friends, family, her bed, everything...

But it seemed like her old life didn't matter anymore so here she is now, in the middle of a huge lake in Norway going to a place she doesn't even know the location of. The entire situation wasn't entirely healthy for a 9 year old but her mother is only doing it because she loves her. So so much.

***

It was a cold Norwegian morning when Elle and her mom woke up, still on the ferry. They dressed up in warm comfortable clothes and pulled their hoods on their heads so as not to be recognized by anyone before deciding to go to the bathroom, Elle holding tight to her mother's hand.

"Did you sleep well, sweetie?" Natasha broke the awkward silence and looked down at her daughter.

"I guess..." The little girl muttered, still looking down at her shoes.

Natasha noticed something was wrong but decided not to start the topic right now so she just put her hand on Elle's head in comfort before they both entered the room and a small bathroom with only a toilet and a sink appeared to their eyes.

"Seriously?" Elle looked at her mother with disappointment in her green eyes.

"I'm so sorry El, we'll be at the place soon and it'll have much better conditions than this." Natasha
tried to assure Elle, although she wasn't sure herself.

Elle shrugged in response and sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall while Natasha went closer to the sink and took off her hoodie, washing her face with cold water and looking at herself in the mirror.