Chapter Two: You Are Very Lucky To Be Alive

Upon being saved from her tormentors, the beaten and bruised woman from Konohagakure was brought into Kimon Castle and examined for any major injuries she had sustained. While she was being treated, both Asahi and Honoka were wondering how such a woman would be subjected to such horrors.

"Asahi, I cannot help but wonder," sighed Honoka as she and Asahi thought about the situation in the throne room. "That a young woman would be subjected to such horrors of this nature. Why do you think that somebody would allow something like this to happen?"

"That is something that I also have strong wonders about," replied Asahi, sitting on his throne. "Who is the mayor of Konohagakure?"

"As far as I can remember," remarked Honoka, "a man that seemed to be very questionable when it came to his true beliefs when we appointed him."

But before she could say the name, Honoka struggled to get the name out.

"Out with it, Honoka!" snapped Asahi, hitting his foot on the throne. "We both know who we are talking about! Trust me, I know now that we regret having appointed him as a candidate to be mayor of Konohagakure!"

Honoka realized that she couldn't keep the name hidden forever and knew now that she needed to spill out the name.

"Mayor Danzo Shimura!" she blurted out in a fit of rage. "A man who is a traitor to all of Azura for what he has done, no matter how hard he promised to change his ways! Why didn't we see this coming, my love? We need to do something that we should have done a long time ago and that is removing him from his seat of power!"

Asahi knew that his wife was right. But he was very much hesitant about disciplinary actions because he always believed in second chances to whoever he felt deserved a second chance. Falling silent for a second, Asahi lowered his head in thought and then suddenly became angry.

"Yes, Honoka-chan," he said quietly. "I've given Mayor Shimura so many chances and look at what he has done behind our backs, coming up with laws and acts that we would never approve! This act has done nothing more than prove to me that something needed to be done."

"I, for one, completely agree with your decision, my love," remarked Honoka, walking over towards a window looking down on the streets of Kimon City. "Ever since the end of the Mantis War and I have given up on being Chaos Galaxia, you and I have vowed to help protect the people that look up to us throughout Azura. But I will not rest until this man with a black heart is removed from his position."

Asahi was reluctant to go by this strategy, but they had to abide by their policies on how to deal with certain situations such as this. After all, Asahi could well remember how Sofia Carson had tried to warn them about Maleficent during the Royal Wedding without any physical evidence whatsoever.

"Perhaps we can start by asking the woman whom we saved from the mob," suggested Honoka. "If she is accused of adultery, then perhaps we should give her the right to explain why."

No sooner did Honoka say this that several people clad in white coats came into the room with the pink-haired woman behind them. Bowing to the rulers, they rose to their feet and beckoned the woman to come forward.

"I see you have been healed," remarked Asahi to the woman, who was still frightened by her experiences, although she smiled briefly. "How is she feeling?"

"She is recovering very nicely from her injuries as you and your wife can see, Your Majesty," replied one of the doctors. "However, it appears that she has been saying something that I think is meant for both of you."

The woman tried to speak but was quickly interrupted by the other doctor, who wanted to finish what he and his colleague wanted to say to the couple about the woman's condition.