Chapter Five: Battle With The Devil

Mayor Danzo Shimura had barricaded himself in his office upon seeing Honoka and her group of guards surrounding the building, armed to the teeth. But the evil mayor of Konohagakure was not going to back down that easily.

"They must have known about what attempted to do with Sakura!" cried Sasuke, loading the bullets into his pistol. "So what if they did? I won't accept her back into my life after what she tried to do to me. Wives are meant to show their husbands respect."

"And so will the rest of Azura," remarked Danzo. "Once I dispose of their beloved royals that is."

"If you don't mind me asking, with what?" asked Sasuke, much to the annoyance of Danzo. "All we have are just these pistols, our brawns, and our brains."

Danzo merely rolled his eyes in disbelief over this question, dismayed that his right-hand man would ask such a silly question.

"Then, my loyal second-in-command," he chuckled, trying to hide his displeasure. "You obviously forgot that I have a weapon far greater than anything that can be used to fight enemies: words and trickery."

A few moments later, Danzo walked over towards a window in his office and looked down at the armored Empress Honoka, looking straight at the door to the city hall. He knew that if he opened fire on Empress Honoka right now, he would eliminate the first of his many targets right then and there.

"Don't you see, my friend? Empress Honoka is cooperating beautifully," he laughed, motioning his weapon right at her head. "Standing in just the right spot. I could fire one bullet at her head and she would be killed right then and there, but no, that would make it too easily done. Besides, how else would the most powerful woman in Azura be killed in such an easy manner?"

As his boss spoke, Sasuke was beginning to get the idea that even though he shared the same passion as Danzo, there was a matter of repercussions that the two of them would have to face.

"We should wait," he said, firmly pulling his gun out of the window "We need to wait until both Asahi and Honoka are outside, then we can each fire a bullet into their heads. But perhaps it wouldn't hurt to rile them up a bit."

He pointed over to a closet in Danzo's office, and this caused Danzo to develop an evil smile onto his face. Sasuke in a sense, was right, that they needed to eliminate the protection that both Asahi and Honoka had, and once they were alone, then they could carry out the quick and painful execution.

"How many did you put in there, Sasuke?" asked Danzo, opening the door to his closet and pulling out rockets, bombs, and anything else. "Will it be enough?"

"Enough to eliminate the protection and possibly our targets," answered Sasuke. "Will it work? I am not sure. Will we have to fight? Likely so. But all that matters is that the Royal Monarchs will be dead and the gateway to the throne is wide open for you. They may have powerful magic, but we have even more powerful weapons."

"I love the way your maniacal mind works," laughed Danzo, taking a bomb into his hands and lighting it with a match. "Let's send a message to these people that there will soon be a new ruler in Azura."

Outside, Honoka and her soldiers waited for Danzo to make his move of either to surrender or fight. Nevertheless, they were armed to the teeth, preparing for anything unexpected that could happen.

"Shall we prepare to storm the doors, Your Majesty?" asked a soldier.

"Let us give them a few more minutes," Honoka replied. "It is nearly dawn. How long has it been since we started this standoff?"

"About five hours, Your Majesty," remarked the guard, looking at a clock tower not far from the City Hall. "These people are very strong-willed to have been in the position that they are in."