Chapter 2: Couples Therapy is an Option at this Age, Right?

(And here is the second chapter! I really love this cast, and I can't wait to write more and more! Though, I added a dash of a similar dynamic between Alm and Celica, but this will be resolved way sooner than that. That would be a nightmare. Regardless, enjoy!)

            The next few days, everything sort of returned to normal on the school. Except everyone was talking about the two heroes that appeared and saved Kliff from pretty much destroying their little home. His big sister, Silque, was not too pleased about this. She is two years older than him, and currently, they just live together in a small apartment that their parents left them since they are always travelling.

"You did what?!" she exclaimed as Gray and Alm brought an unconscious Kliff to her with Tobin behind them.

They placed Kliff on a blue couch and stood away, so his sister could check on him. She is shorter than them by a bit. She has short, blue hair, teal eyes, and is wearing a white nightgown. She is actually training to be a nun. After high school, she plans to devout herself to Mila's teachings, but she must look after her little brother before pursuing her own dreams.

So, Gray's first idea was to make up an elaborate excuse, but it quickly backfired. Alm decided to tell her the truth, much to Duma's annoyance.

"I see. So, the Mother healed my brother" she said in relief before praying for a brief moment, "Thank you for looking after him. Hopefully, he'll be back in school, but I would like for him to rest"

"Should Kliff rest?" Alm asked his partner curiously.

"Well, in my last summoning, such an act would be a sign of weakness" Duma said seriously before his gaze fell on Slique, "But since she is a follower to my sister, yes, he should rest"

Alm sighed internally at Duma's words, but he was also surprised to see that Duma cared for his sister's followers.

"Just make sure he rests a lot" Alm said gently, "He was very tired, so he should take all the rest he needs. We can gather his assignments"

"Thank you, Alm. You and his friends are so sweet to him. Well, you better return home. I don't want to keep your families waiting" Silque said in relief.

Gray and Tobin walked on ahead of Alm and soon the three of them returned to their respective homes. Alm entered the small two-story house a few blocks from the school. He walked through the empty, dark kitchen until the lights were turned on!

"Ah!" Alm shouted as he stood straight up with Duma sighed.

"So, where have you been, mister?" a stern voice said as Alm slowly turned around to see his grandfather, Mycen.

Alm never really bothered to ask about his birth parents since his grandfather pretty much raised him. He was an old man, but he was stronger than he looks. He has gray hair and a beard and wore a gray shirt and black shorts. His hands were crossed over his chest as he faced his grandson.

"Do make me repeat myself, boy. Where have you been?" he asked seriously.

Alm sighed as he confessed about what had transpired earlier that day. He confessed everything except that he was the Hero and that Duma was with him.

"And so, we helped Kliff and carried him back to his sister" Alm explained to him.

He was expecting some kind of scolding, but he felt his grandfather's hand on his shoulder. Alm looked up and saw his eyes closed, as if pondering something.

"You did good, Alm" he said with a smile and opened his eyes, "You helped your friends and made sure they were safe. You did good. Though, in the future, I would like a phone call ahead of time"