Chapter 20: The Heritors' Echoes

(The final chapter is here! I believed it would be best to finish this one. That way, I wouldn't have to post four stories a week on this site. Regardless, Echoes was a fantastic game, especially after playing Fates. I love this cast, story, and combat. I cannot wait to see them again. Enjoy!)

                 "Where am I?" Celica wondered aloud as she sat up and found herself facing a red stain glass circle.

It held her, Alm, Mae, Boey, Conrad, Clair, and Delthea's faces. She stood up and looked around.

"This is your heart, Celica" Mila answered as she appeared before her, "This is where your most precious beings are close to you"

Celica smiled at it until she remembered their situation.

"How is everyone faring?" she asked seriously.

"Your friends are fighting the Risen. Alm is helping his cousin while Gray and Clair are fighting Slayde. Delthea will assist Sonya in her fight. Now, you will have to wake up, but you will experience pain with this" Mila informed her, "Right now, they are using our power to revive a terrible being, a fake copy of the Fell Dragon, Grima"

Celica was horrified as she asked, "How is that possible? Wasn't the Fell Dragon destroyed in the Age of Fairy Tales by the Hero-King and his army?"

"A good point, but some of his most loyal followers were able to save a piece of him and use our power of healing to slowly revive a fake copy of him" Mila informed her, "You will feel the pain of losing your powers when we awaken. Are you ready?"

Celica nodded her head as she held her hand out to Mila.

"It will not be easy, but everyone is fighting their hardest out there. I won't just sit here and do nothing!" Celica answered as Mila took her hand.

As warm light burst from Celica's unconscious form as Jedah turned to face them.

"No! How can this be?!" he exclaimed in shock as Sonya arrived and saw the light.

"She's much stronger than you assumed" Sonya answered as let wind gather to her hand, "And in turn, they've made me stronger as well. Father, this is your end!"

Jedah growled as darkness poured from his hand and snapped, "You were always a disobedient child. Never listening to those around you who wanted what was best for them"

"No, I am finally making a stand against those who have hurt me. I will never let you walk over others and hurt them with your own beliefs!" Sonya declared as a powerful whirlwind formed around herself.

She waved one hand to cast one whirlwind towards her father. He used the darkness to create a shield to protect against her first whirlwind. She teleported behind him and threw her other whirlwind at him. Her whirlwind threw him up in the air and cut him up. Blood was present, but it wasn't enough to take him out.

"Yarh!" he yelled as he unleashed darkness from his hand and threw it at her.

She created a wind shield and protected herself from his attack. He found her on her defensive side and then gathered his darkness to herself. He then fired a beam of darkness at her! She gasped as the beam struck against her shield. She quickly teleported to the ground just before her wind shield cracked and sighed in relief. But then, Jedah teleported in front of her and grabbed her throat to choke her! Sonya struggled against his grip as the darkness slowly crawled from him and slowly latch itself onto her!

"If you won't obey me by my word, I will take you by force!" he shouted as he made more darkness slowly crawled onto his daughter.

Sonya was struggling to breath and cast her magic, but she wasn't bounded. She pulled her legs close and then kicked her father's chest! She then landed on the ground and coughed as her father nearly fell off the building.