Chapter 112

Chapter 112

14 Years Later

Nearly a decade and a half had come and gone since the fall of Voldemort. Jasmine pushed herself away from her desk to stand in front of her office window and admire the snow coating the Peverell Estate. Her long hair was plaited into a neat braid going halfway down her back. The glass around the windows was frosted and Jasmine was tempted to draw along the glass.

They never moved house after the battle. Orion nearly had a heart attack. They were breaking all sorts of Black Family traditions not living in their ancestral home, but Sirius had too many painful memories at Grimmauld Place. Jasmine had double checked with him, just in case he wanted to keep with tradition, Sirius had eventually decided that he would stay here...after he outfitted his wheelchair to fly, of course. The estate had more than enough rooms for all the children and any guests that wanted to stay over for a visit.

They had also fixed the house to accommodate for his chair, and neither of them had the time or the energy to do that to another house.

It was going to be a white Christmas this year. Sirius' joints had been correct when guessing the weather, again. The house had been decorated from top to bottom for the main event in a couple days.

For the first time ever, Sirius and Jasmine were in charge of the Black Family Christmas Party. Merlin save them all.

Orion had officially handed the reigns over to his son. Sirius, decided that he would host it here, just to break tradition.

The Elves were ecstatic.

Jasmine was less so. She had to rework the wards for the entire Estate. She had never been a fan of strangers wandering through her home. Bill thought the entire thing was going to be a lovely bonding experience while he helped her. He was a godsend in his own way and he would stop her from murdering Sirius when she got sick of reworking her wards.

Bill had certainly grown up into a lovely young man these past few years. Maybe she'd leave him with a bit of warding to do on his own. He should be up to the challenge.

She was going to be going robe shopping with Cissy and the girls at her favorite boutiques in Paris, that would give him time to work on a warding project. Though, that was going to be her reprieve from the Black Family madness that was going to take over her usually quiet holiday with the family.

The clock struck noon and a door opening from a floor below could be heard slamming open and then shut. There was some giggling excited shouting involved as various children made it back from the Hogwarts Express.

Lily had sent her a fire message earlier in the day excited for her kids to come home, but also dreading the chaos that came with it. The three Potter children were rambunctious in a way that Harriet never had been. Harry, Sam and Alyssa made her children look like angels. It wasn't as if they were brats, they really weren't. Lily wasn't going to put up with that, but they just had so much energy. It was apparently a Potter Family trait? Euphemia said James was very similar.

And, all three would be over for the Christmas party.

Jasmine was nearly ready to cancel the entire thing.

More giggles could be heard from the floor below. There was going to be a loud crashing sound from somewhere any minute. Whenever the kids were in that kind of a mood, trouble followed closely thereafter. This house was well known for his chaos. Poor Minerva dealing with so many Marauder children.