Chapter 2

I woke up to the shrill sound of my alarm clock. The moving trucks wouldn't be here for another two days, so  I had to sleep in the floor. My body ached as I got ready for school. This would be my first day there. I went to my kitchen and grabbed a protein bar, it would be an excuse of a breakfast. I walked out the door, chewing on the bar when I saw someone familiar. "Hey, (Y/N)." They said. It was Dib, the kid I'd met at the park the day before. "Hey, Dib." There was a girl beside him. She had purple hair in a bob style. She wore black and purple clothing. The girl didn't notice I was there, she was playing a video game. "Gaz, hello?" Dib asked. "Gaaaz. Earth to Gaz. GAZ." She finally looked up. "What DIB? This better be good." She seemed annoyed. "(Y/N), this is my sister, Gaz. Gaz, this is (Y/N). "Oh, hey (Y/N)." She got back to her game.

     When I arrived at skool, I went to the front desk. The woman there gave me a schedule, which told me to go to Ms. Bitters' classroom. I opened the door to see Dib and the "alien" kid, Zim. The teacher, who I assumed was Ms. Bitters, looked at me. "Are you the new student?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." I tried to speak as little as possible. "Class, this is (Y/N). They will be attending this skool from now on." She looked at me again. "You. To the underground classroom." The boy beside Dib disappeared, his desk being replaced with a new one. "Sit beside Membrane." I did as I was told. The class was boring at first. Ms. Bitters kept droning on about how we all were doomed.

     At lunch, Dib and I decided to eat on a bench away from the other students. "Hey Dib," I asked. Dib looked at me, waiting for me to continue. " I was wondering if I could have your phone number so we could text." He became slightly red. He pulled out his phone and I copied his number. Zim walked up to us. "Since when do YOU have a mate, Dib-Thing?" He inquired. Dib's face became extremely red. "We're just friends, Zim." "I see." Zim walked away. " Well, that was odd." I observed. "Y-yeah, really w-weird." His face was still red. It looked as though Dib had caught something. "Are you okay, Dib? You don't look to good." "I-I'm fine." I placed my hand on his neck. He got even more red. "Dib, you feel warm. Are you sure you're okay?" "Y-yeah, I-I'm fine." I sat with him in silence for a couple of minutes. When he tried to speak, he just ended up stuttering. He gradually returned to his natural color. I wonder what happened to him.

Dib POV

At lunch, (Y/N) and I decided to eat on a bench away from the other students. "Hey Dib," (Y/N) asked me. I looked at them, waiting them to finish. " I was wondering if I could have your phone number so we could text." I felt my face get a little warm. No one has asked me for my number before. Now my new friend has. I pulled out my phone and they copied my number. Zim walked up to us. "Since when do YOU have a mate, Dib-Thing?" He inquired. I felt my face become extremely warm. "We're just friends, Zim." "I see." Zim walked away. " Well, that was odd." (Y/N) observed. "Y-yeah, really w-weird." My face was still warm. (Y/N) looked concerned. "Are you okay, Dib? You don't look to good." "I-I'm fine." They placed my hand on my neck. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, WHAT'S HAPPENING?- I felt my face get even warmer. "Dib, you feel warm. Are you sure you're okay?" "Y-yeah, I-I'm fine." I sat with them in silence for a few of minutes. When I tried to speak to them, I became a blubbering mess. I gradually felt my face cool. What happened to me? Why did I react the way I did?

(711 Words)