An Unexpected Team Selection (Chapter 4)

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or The Legend of the Northern Blade in the matter, The story takes place in the Forbidden Scroll incident.

Speech Rules:

"Talking": Human speech

"Talking": Human Thought

[Talking]: Name of Attack/Jutsu

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 4: An Unexpected Team Selection

Today was an important day for all fresh Genin of Konoha and more so for both Naruto and Cha Hae-In who were excited the most out of anyone as they were already assured that they are paired on the same team.

Waking up on the same bed together they were ready to finally take their first step in their career as a Shinobi of the leaf both quite confident in their skills to overcome the odds together.

It has been a long three days ever since they had started dating and both of them were quite happy with the new development in there lives more so for Cha Hae-In who had been living a lonely life due to her not having a social life as despite popular beliefs Hae-In found herself unable to mingle with the group of girls in the academy due to the fact that there interest differs from her.

The girls at the academy only cared about their looks and increasing their popularity which is why Sasuke Uchiha who is considered by many as the Last Loyal Uchiha was the target of many girls fantasy as anyone who successfully managed to befriend him or date him are guaranteed to have there standing in the village increase.

Hae-In on the other hand didn't like the Uchiha. Unlike the rest of the girls in the academy she wasn't really happy with the boy's attitude as he is quite cold towards others, unmoved by and uninterested in what they do or think of him, choosing instead to keep to himself. He is considered quite rude as he doesn't use Honorifics which is a sign of disrespect. Whenever he meets new people, He makes an evaluation of their abilities: those he perceives to be weaker than himself he arrogantly disregards, giving them little attention so that they won't hold him back; those he perceives as stronger he fixates over and tries to surpass.

Walking towards the Kitchen both Naruto and Hae-In started preparing a meal, something they enjoyed doing together as it helped them get to know each other in a more personal way.

Looking at the breakfast that they had prepared together there were two bowls of steamed rice, Miso soup, Grilled fish and two cups of hot green tea. It was obviously a traditional Japanese breakfast as they comfortably sat on a table and started eating.

"Today we're going to become Shinobi of the Leaf, I'm glad that we get to be together through it all" Said Hae-In excited to say the least as she ate her rice bowl.

Naruto smiled, "Yeah, hopefully our Jonin sensei is a decent person," said Naruto as he looked at Hae-In.

"Our Jonin sensei will probably be a swordsman/swordswoman and our third teammate will probably be skilled in swords as well or someone who could compliment our team formation" Said Hae-In as Naruto nodded having come to the same conclusion as well.

"Anyways things are looking up for us" Said Naruto as Hae-In nodded her head in agreement as they finished their breakfast before taking the plates to the sink so it could get washed later.

Wearing the same attire that they wore on their first date they proceeded to tie their Konoha leaf Headband around their neck before they decided to walk towards the academy.