Where am I?

While being a weeb is awesome, it can suck sometimes. For example, some anime you can't show your very religious family, you can't ask for 'merch' because you're too scared that your parents will look it up and find the 'bad part' of the fandom. Though, several months ago, being teleported into an anime wouldn't be on that list, but here we are.

   "W...Where am I..." I groaned, cupping my face between my hands as I leaned up. I was just at my family table a minute ago, why was I laying on a bed. Did I collapse? Did dad bring me to my room? Nope, no way of that, this was way too soft to be the rock-like twin mattress I had.

   "Oh, Aunt Mito! She's awake!" I heard a voice exclaim. I opened my eyes and I could make out the blurry shape of a child, or a small person. I sat up and rubbed the crust away from my eyes. Maybe mom and dad had visitors, so they put me in their bed? But who is Aunt Mito... I don't think any of their friends are named that.

   "Are you ok?" I felt a small shake on my shoulder and I looked over to see a black haired boy with green tips. His hair looked like it defied gravity, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

   "Who... who are you?" I asked, taken aback about how dry my voice sounded. I grasped my throat as I heard the voice speak.

   "I'm Gon! Gon Freecss." I paused, before looking back at him with wide eyes.

   "Gon... Gon Freecss...?" There was no way. While I love me some cliche fanfictions, I didn't want to be in any anime world besides maybe komi-san can't communicate or haikyuu. But not hunter x hunter, excespically hunter x hunter. It's filled with super strong characters, but I'm just a basic teen who can't run more than seven pacers in gym class.

   "Oh, good morning ma'am."  I heard someone say. I whipped my head around to see Aunt Mito standing in the doorway. "You look quite startled, are you ok?" I looked at the orange-haired woman who stared down at me with worry.

   'Calm down Y/n, I'm probably dreaming. There is no reason to get frightened. If I do happen to be in hunter x hunter, then I'll just have to stay clear of the main characters. So as long as I avoid the hunter exam, I should be dropped out of the plot.' I thought to myself, calming myself down as I took deep breaths,

   "I-I'm fine. Where am I?" I asked as Mito started to walk towards my bedside.

   "You're in my house, on whale island." She said, taking the seat on the chair next to the bed. "May I ask how you got onto the beach?"

   That answers one of my questions, where they found me. But I can't tell them that I teleported worlds, or else they might give me to the police and say I was crazy. Or would they? I should play it safe and lie.

   "I remember swimming, before I hit a rock I think." I looked around and noticed Gon was gone, must've slipped out when I wasn't paying attention.

   "Well, your leg is broken, so I wouldn't try and get back to wherever you're from for a few days." I blinked several times after Mito spoke, then looked down at my leg. My leg was laying on a large pillow with a cloth wrapped around it snuggly. "Oh, how rude of me! I forgot to say, my name is Mito freecss." She said with a smile.

   "Um, I'm Y/n L/n..." I said as I looked at her closely. Mito looked different than in the anime, her hair was a bit more desaturated than I would've thought, and her eyes looked a lot brighter.

   "Well, Y/n, I'll bring you some food later. Is there anything you're allergic to?" She asked as she stood up, I shook my head. "Alright then, feel free to ask for anything. Sorry for the mess as well." Mito stepped out of the room and I let out a big breath. Before starting to panic again.

   How did I get here? Were my parents looking for me, or was I still there just on auto-pilot or something? Did I die and reincarnate? But why would I die? Maybe it's someone's nen ability? Will I be put in the plot?

   My mind was going what felt like a million miles a second, until I heard a voice from outside my room. "Ms? May I come in?" I heard Gon exclaim from the other side of the door.

   "Y-yes, you can come in!" The door opened and the main character stepped inside my room with a box in his arms.

   "Are you alright? You look scared." Gon said as he sat the box of stuff on the chair next to my bed. I must've looked pretty confused because he continued. "Your hands are shaking, and you're sweating a lot." I grabbed my right wrist and noticed the drops of sweat that had rolled off my face onto my arms. I didn't remember sweating that much back home.

   "I was just thinking, did you need something?" I asked with a smile forced onto my face.

   "Oh, I thought you might be bored so I brought a bunch of stuff. There are some old coloring books, a few books, and a card game. There are also a bunch of other stuff as well." He said, his big smile plastered on his face.

   "Thank you," I said, hoping to myself he would go away to leave me with my thoughts.

   "Why did you lie to Aunt Mito earlier?" He asked, sitting at the foot of the bed. "I was watching from the doorway, you lied when she asked how you got onto the beach." He met my eyes for a moment and I laughed awkwardly.

   "I don't know what you're talking about kid," He looked like he was about to say something, but Mito yelled at him to leave me alone. He rushed out of my room and I sunk into the bed cushions. I definitely didn't want Gon to find out, out of everyone in the anime he would probably be the worst to tell. It may make him confused and distract him in a fight or something.

   "Why me...?" I mumbled before burying my head in a pillow on the bed. "WHY ME?" I let out a muffle yell into the pillow before laying back on my back.

   Some part of me was hoping that I'd be dreaming and if I went to sleep I would wake up in my bed. That's what I was thinking as I drifted off to sleep.