Terrorizing Kiriko

I chased on the ground after one of the kiriko, just a foot behind kurapika. Gon jumped from branch to branch before hitting the kirko. The girl the animal had, dropped to the ground and Kurapika caught her safely. I ran past him, before catching a glimpse of the kiriko Gon was chasing moving away from him.

The kiriko glanced over its shoulder, it's eyes widening slightly as it saw someone was following it. I glanced briefly into the woods beside me and saw Gon with a different kirko. I grabbed a stone from the ground and threw it towards the kirko. It dodged, unsurprisingly, but it gave me a chance to catch up just slightly and grab its tail.

I grinned, before grabbing the shocked kiriko's leg. It let out a loud gasp before a voice bellowed out into the forest. "Hey, honey! Come here! You're gonna get a kick out of this!" I looked at the kiriko, before realising my hands off of it.

"How many years has it been since someone was able to tell the difference between us." One kirko said.

"Can you tell 'em apart?" Leorio asked, leaning towards me and kurapika.

"Nope/not at all." We both replied in unison

"Don't you see? The kirko that Y/n got a hold of is the husband!" Gon said.

"Gon, we have no clue which one your talking about." I said to him.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves." One of kiriko said, stepping forward. "We are the Navigators. Our family provides support for the Hunter Exam."

"Well, you sure had us fooled." Leorio admitted.

"The exam site moves around, keeps it interesting." Kiriko explained. "But that's exactly why they relocate it every year, understand?" I nodded. "They hire Navigators like us to help by guiding worthy applicants. To the examination site. But don't get the wrong idea, we don't help every candidate."

Wouldn't that defeat the point if you did?

"First, we test them to see if they;re even qualified to take the exam. Make sure they have what it takes." The son said.

"Mr. Kurapika," the daughter of the two kiriko said, "We made certain that we only gave you the most vague of hints, but you were still able to pick up on them. And determined that we weren't actually a married couple. You only caught a glimpse of my tattoos, but you knew that they were only worn by women who've taken a vow of chastity." The daughter rubbed the blue markings off of her arm as she spoke. "You demonstrated your incredible knowledge. Therefore, you pass." Gon congratulated Kurapika before the husband Kiriko started to speak.

"Ms. Y/n," I looked up from Kurapika dn towards the animal. "Out of the four of us, I am the fastest and I thought I wasn't able to be caught off guard. But you proved me wrong by using your surroundings to distract me long enough just to grab me. I was only distracted for a moment but in that time you were able to grab my tail and leg, making it hard for me to move around. You demonstrated a quick resolve, therefore, you also pass."

I let out a small sigh, but I was internally screaming with joy. I thought my chances of passing this small test was less than one percent.

"Mr. Leorio. You, sir, unfortunately never realized that I wasn't who I claimed to be. However, you dressed my wounds faster and more thoroughly than any doctor. More importantly, you demonstrated admirable empathy and kindness by continuing to reassure me that my wife would be okay. It's clear to me that your compassion makes you worthy of taking the hunter exam, you pass." The son said, a kind smile plastered across his face.

"Wait, seriously?" Leorio asked, dropping to his knees with a relieved sigh. Me and Gon briefly congratulated him, before they started to speak again.

"And finally, Mr. Gon." One of kiriko said, looking at the boy. "Your superhuman physical ability and your powers of observation defy logic. You, too, are worthy to take the hunter exam. So, you pass." I shared a fist bump with Gon and Kurapika before the kiriko got up from their sitting position.

"Alright! We'll take you to the exam site." One said. "Mr. Kurapika, I can carry you and Gon, Y/n, you'll be with my daughter." The human kiriko siblings turned back into their original form, the daughter grabbed me with it's bottom talons. I let out a surprised gasp as the kiriko shot into the air.

I grabbed onto the soft khaki colored fur of the creature, closing my eyes tightly. My legs flared around and I looked around for the three others. I saw Kurapika and Gon laughing, before seeing Leorio being carried by the son and husband, flopping like a fish out of water.

"Leorio!" He looked at me and I smiled. "Don't look down!" He blinked a few times, before looking down against my advice. He screamed and I chuckled, before looking down myself. I let out a scream as well as the kirko carrying me let go of one of my arms. The daughter, Kirko, chuckled, before letting go of me. I let out a blood curdling shriek before the kiriko swooped down and grabbed me by my feet. "I hate you!" I yelled at the daughter kirko, who grinned.

I grabbed my leather bag, saving it from slipping off my shoulders. I held it close to my chest, taking deep breaths. I squeezed my eyes shut, tighter than I have ever in my entire life.

"Are you alright Y/n?" Kurapika asked with a small chuckle.

"No! I'm not!" I cried.

"You'll be fine!" Gon exclaimed. "It'll be just a little bit before we arrive, right?" He asked the flying creature that was carrying him. The kirko shook its head and I screamed again.

"I'll kill you!" I claimed, thrashing around more. "Put me down!" Just as the words left my mouth I regretted it. The kirko dropped me again. This time, it didn't dive immediately. I was about to hit a tree, when the kiriko finally grabbed me again.

"Sis, stop terrorizing her." One of the kirko holding leorio up said.