Chapter 2

I chewed on a stolen and raw potato as I thought about what I should do now that I was thrown away. I was still in shock of what happened yesterday so it was only normal that I sat there in silence. Her eyes...her cold dark eyes, they reminded me of the abyss I had woken up from a long time ago. Would she have killed me back then if I refused to leave? Or was she just making empty threats so I would go by myself? As I was so focused in my thoughts, I didn't notice how fast I already ate my potato. It was disgusting. I layed myself back down on my stone pillow and listened to the salesman calling across the whole street. My body shivered from the cold breeze that just went by. I took a look at the sky, and the clouds were dark grey which meant it would be raining today. I looked back on the ground and sighed. Why does this world hate me? I thought to myself. My stomach suddenly started growling. I guess one raw potato couldn't get me full. I stood up and started walking around the street hoping to find a opportunity to steal some food. But it was no good. The people even whispered about me as I walked past them, some even laughed at me or threw rocks at me, telling me  to 'fuck off'. Why are mortals such cruel beings? I finally came back to my spot behind the kimono shop and layed back down. Once again, it was starting to get dark and slowly a few rain drops began landing on my face before getting more and more until it was storming and I was completely soaked. It was so cold. My whole body was shaking. Suddenly I heard foot steps in the rain and I quickly turned me head to the direction where they were coming from. "Whoa, hehe hey there." A white haired boy stood Infront me. His long hair was tied into a ponytail and he had a red stripe in his hair. I looked at him skeptical. "Hey, no need to be suspicious of me! My name is Kaedehara Kazuha, but you can say Kazuha." The boy smiled at me and then reached his hand out to me. "Want to come with me? I have a warm place for you to stay." He said with a comforting smile, not like hers at all..."Tsk, fine." I said pulling myself up with his helping hand. But even though I had an attitude with him, he still smiled at me. His smile reminded me of a small light in the darkness that I was stuck in. The boy took me to a place not far from where I was sitting. "This is the Komore Teahouse, you can stay here for a while if you want." As we stepped in, a warm air greeted me. "It's...nice in here..." I said as I looked around. "Glad you like it, let me introduce you to my other friends." Kazuha said dragging me into a other room where three more guys were waiting for us. "Hey Guys! Look who I found in the rain!" He said showing me to the other boys. Then suddenly one of them spoke up. A more shorter boy who had dog ears and golden brown hair. "Kazuha...you can't just pick up anyone that you find on the streets." He said slightly annoyed. "I'm sorry Gorou, but he looked so sad!" Kazuha apologized. Then a blond guy spoke up as well. He too had his hair in a ponytail. "I'm with Gorou, if you keep doing stuff like that, the teahouse is going to end up as a homeless place." His words annoyed me so much. "Who are you calling homeless you punk?!" I cramed at him angry. "Hey everyone, let's calm down first." The third boy spoke up. He had blond grayish hair and a white cat laying besides him licking his paws. "Thank you Tomo." Kazuha said and sat beside him. "Hey, no worries. We don't bite." He said smiling at me again. "Well, except for Gorou, he might." Said the blond guy laughing. "Grrrr, I do not!" The dog boy growled at him and I also started laughing. We sat together and ate some food. It was better then the stolen food that I was used to eat on the streets and it turned out that everyone was actually nice to me. Why not her...? Why were strangers nicer to me than her? I don't get it...
Kazuha showed me a place to sleep and than said goodbye to me. The place wasn't as bad as I thought, in fact, it was actually kinda nice. I liked it.