𝟎𝟒│ death eaters

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"It can't be..." you gasp. The air around you felt thick and hard to inhale. You started to feel light-headed at the sight before you.

The darkened sky was illuminated by flaming torches that were held by hooded figures. Those figures were easy to determine as Death Eaters, marching through the frenzied crowd and setting fire to anything around them.

The noise was the worst part of it. Gut-wrenching screams and loud explosions resounded through the fields, only adding to the chaos. You could even smell something putrid burning, but you didn't want to think about what it could be.

It was just like your nightmare from the night before, and that fact alone was enough to terrify you.

"What is it?" Harry whispered to you. He knew something was wrong, not only with the horrifying sight in front of you both, but he knew something was wrong with you specifically.

"Later. I'll tell you later." you murmur, still trying to take everything in. Everything around you looked eerily familiar and that only added to the fear that had seeped into your body.

"Are you... okay?" he asked again, "Your hand just got all sweaty."

"I don't know if I'm right about it yet, it could all be in my head." you think aloud, already doubting yourself as you try to disconnect yourself from what you'd just realised.

Harry looked at you as he tried to figure out what you were thinking, he was getting more and more concerned for you with every second that passed.

You noticed this and dismissed it quickly, "I'll tell you when we're safe, we need to run." you say firmly, and luckily for you, he doesn't push any further.

"Get back to the portkey everybody, and stick together." Mr Weasley commanded, already separating from the group to try and help combat the chaos with the rest of the Ministry workers, "Fred, George... Ginny is your responsibility."

That sentence made everything seem so much more real to you. A cold feeling washed over you, something that was all too familiar.

Fred and George took off, gesturing for everyone else to do the same. Fred had a firm hold on Ginny's arm to make sure she was safe. George was trying to make sure that Ron and Hermione were keeping up, but eventually returned to his twin's side to help protect his younger sister. This left you and Harry sticking together in the middle of the group.

Weaving through the onslaught of panicked people proved to be incredibly difficult. Your group ended up becoming less tightly-knit with every person that bashed into you.

After one particularly harsh impact, Harry's hand left yours as he fell to the ground. You couldn't react fast enough to stay by his side, and you were swept along with the rest of the crowd away from him.

You struggled against the flow of people, calling out his name helplessly. But no matter how hard you tried, your brother soon faded out of sight.

"So much for keeping him safe." you think to yourself, feeling your heart sink at your incapability to stay by Harry's side.

Now that you knew struggling would get you nowhere, you tried rationalising, telling yourself that Harry could take care of himself, but you still couldn't help but worry.

You swallowed heavily, then turned to the Weasley trio to make sure that you didn't get separated from them too. You were lagging behind slightly, you you reached out and grabbed the sleeve of the ginger who was closest to you.