𝟎𝟔│ to be seventeen

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Night had fallen and everyone had been ushered into their dorms, but talk of the Tournament was still fresh in the air. You'd spent the evening unpacking and making sure Juno was fed and comfortable.

The other girls in the dorm came up in small groups, each gossiping about who they thought would be the Hogwarts Champion.

One fifth-year even said she could've sworn that Krum looked directly at her, which caused her friends to break out into envious chatter, wishing that the seeker would pay any sort of attention to them instead.

You were still thinking about how desperately the twins wanted to take part in the tournament - you didn't understand why they'd want to enter.

However, there was one thing you knew for sure. And that was that the twins were going to come up with some sort of plan to get their names into the goblet.

You slept with those thoughts still wandering around in your mind, and those thoughts came with fear for the safety of your friends.

When the twins came bounding through the hall's doors at breakfast the next morning, you knew that they'd already come up with one of their outlandish schemes.

"Good morning Y/n." Fred greets you as they both take their usual spots on the bench beside you.

"It really is lovely to see you on this fine morning." George grins, resting his head on his hand.

You smile back at them, but obviously knew that something was up, "Alright, alright. G'morning to you too, but what exactly is it that you two want?"

George's eyes widen in false offense, "Why do you think we want something?"

"Can we not be nice to our bestest friend in the whole world?" Fred pouted.

You looked back and forth between them, taking in their ridiculous expressions. You were unable to hold back laughter, but you managed to say, "I know that tone of voice, don't try lying to me."

The boys composed themselves, looking at eachother and then finally slumped over in defeat.

"Fine, you got us." George groaned, "We wanted to ask you for a favour of sorts."

You stayed silent, waiting for either of them to elaborate further.

Fred was the one to speak first, though he was more hesitant than usual, "So y'know how you've got that really high grade in potions?"

"Yeah..?" you replied as hesitantly as he did.

"We need you to help us with a very special potion." they both say in sync, looking at you with hopeful smiles on their faces.

"An aging potion?" you guess, it was the most obvious answer to you, so you took a shot in the dark.

"How did you know?" they asked, shocked, but confirming that you were correct.

"I know how you two think," you sigh, "And that won't work, are you sure you've thought this one through?"

"Well, if you're so sure it won't work, why don't you help us anyway?" George replies smoothly, making you stop to think for a moment.

"Yeah, so if you're right, we won't be able to enter regardless." Fred backs his brother up, "And you'll get to say 'I told you so' if we're wrong about this."