𝟎𝟓│ special guests

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It took a while for everyone to get seated in the hall, not even Professor Dumbledore could get the room to fall silent like he usually did. Everyone was still talking about what you'd just seen outside of the castle.

All sorts of theories and ideas were being spread in hushed whispers up and down the tables of all four houses as the new first-years got sorted. These guesses ranged from believable explanations to downright impossible scenarios.

You even heard someone talking about how they thought that the ship was at the bottom of the lake for decades and had only just floated to the surface. But one of that person's friends soon mentioned how much of a coincidence it was for it to appear right after a mysterious carriage did.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore spoke from the front of the room, and everything fell silent, "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..."

The Headmaster paused as Filch suddenly entered the room and started hobbling towards him, but before he could even get there, the caretaker suddenly reached to clutch his heart as if it would stop when he started to speed up.

Filch ended up hitting Ron in the head with his elbow in the process, which caused the twins - who were sitting on either side of you - to have to choke back their laughter, hiding their smug smiles behind their hands.

You suppress your own smile when you see Ron's ears tint red with anger as he rubs the back of his head to relieve some pain.

"What d'you think he's going to say?" you ask to the boys to your sides, "Dumbledore, I mean."

"No clue, I'm sure he planned for Filch to come running up to him just so he could add suspense though." George snorted, imagining that scenario in his head.

Fred reached behind you to flick his brother in the temple, "Fat chance of that! Look, it seems like it's something important." he says, rolling his eyes.

You quickly averted your attention back towards the front of the room where Filch and Dumbledore were exchanging hushed whispers between eachother. Though you tried, it was impossible to hear what they were talking about.

But as soon as Filch had appeared, he started to scurry off, leaving Dumbledore to carry on with his usual speech. He could finally finish the sentence that everybody was begging to hear the end of, "So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament!"

The twins suddenly give eachother an indecipherable glance, all you knew is that you were very confused at what any of this meant.

"Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests." he continued, each student in the room was hanging onto his every word, "From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say that these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later."

Dumbledore paused for a moment. From the small smile you saw hidden under his beard, you knew he did this on purpose for dramatic effect. It worked. Various murmurs where filling the room, seemingly everyone had connected the boat and the carriage outside to this new tournament.

You hardly had time to usher a few words to the twins before your Headmaster decided to end his suspenseful silence.

His voice boomed through the room, "For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress Madame Maxime!"