Day 7, Part 1

The Chemist

Here is chapter 9 of the heist AU ! I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think :)
Happy reading!

---

Previously on chapter 8:

Louis rolls his eyes in the dark and turns to face Harry. "It's not that I don't trust you Harry, it's what The Chemist said. I told her you knew who I was and she decided it was best to isolate you. You were right."

"Do you though?"

"Do I what?"

"Trust me."

"Why do you even care?" Louis snorts.

"Because I don't want to... I don't know, I don't want to be locked up in the same room as the guy who tried to start a war like...a hundred times." Harry stutters. He pauses. "Also, I already figured out your name in the first day, and I never slipped once. I don't think you're a bad person. I think you're fair."

Louis closes his eyes. Smiles in the dark. "Yeah, I am. Also stop kissing my ass." He jokes, but feels the heavy sexual joke hanging in the air as soon as he says it.

But what if I want to? He said last time, or something like that.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to answer to that." Harry nervously laughs, before turning to face Louis as well.

"You're meant to shut up."

Harry nods, or at least Louis thinks he does, before he feels soft lips on his, tasting like mint and mouthwash. It's slow, and not really like it's initiating anything, but it's nice either way. It's like for a second, they're kissing, but not kissing in a bank surrounded by hundreds of policemen and reporters; just kissing.

He grabs Harry's face and pushes himself into the kiss, opening his mouth more and more. This is actually not what he expected would happen when he told Harry to sleep in the bed, but he isn't complaining either.

Harry's face is soft under his palms and his lips are so ugh and Louis feels like he wants to sleep but also like he wants to stay up all night doing this.

"I'm-" Louis says, pulling his head back and placing a hand on Harry's chest. He remembers where they are, what they're supposed and not supposed to be doing, and reality hits him like a brick.

"Sorry, I really- I really wanted to do that." Harry says, voice lower than usual.

"It's fine, I liked it. I'm just very tired and would love to get some sleep. Everything is quiet now. I can rest." Louis explains, and feels Harry's fingers curl around his hand.

"Louis, it's okay. I don't mind. Actually, I like sleeping."

Louis laughs at that, because it's just-who even says that?

"Okay, well. See you tomorrow I guess." Louis says, closing his eyes again and licking his lips.

The room is quite cold and the silence is eerie. Also, Louis has a semi and would really love to keep kissing Harry.

"Goodnight, Louis."

Louis focuses on his breathing. He feels like he's sinking into the mattress with every breath he takes, and his limbs are finally able to relax. For the first time in ages, he falls asleep quickly.

***

Day 7 – 141 hours into the heist (Tuesday, December 25th, 9:31am)

Louis wakes up before the sun, with a bit of drool on the side of his face, which is a sign of a good, comfortable sleep, something he hasn't had in months, maybe even years. He makes a sound when he stretches himself out, all the way from his fingertips to his toes, and then licks his lips before he turns on his back. When he opens his eyes, he faces the end of a Kalashnikov barrel. His body turns cold even though his chest feels like it's got a fire burning inside from the sudden rush of adrenaline.