Prolouge.

I tossed and turned as I laid there in my bed. I tried to sleep but I just couldn't. The anxiety was killing me. The frustration burning me. The depression hurting me. The thoughts deep within me coming to life in a firey passion. The passion I longed for to stop. I rolled all over. I fell out of my bed. Laying there looking up at my ceiling that I had painted to look like the night sky.

 I didn't want to do it. But my thoughts were hurting me enough that I did it. I got off of my floor, walked into my bathroom. Opened up the closet door, and looked down at the basket I kept my razors in. I reached down and picked one up. I ran my finger across the blades and watched as the drops of blood fell onto my foot. I grinned the demon inside me coming to life, as it always did when I cut. My wrist burned as I ran the razor across my veins. As I had been doing for months now. No matter how many times I did it, the demon was always lurking in the shadows of my mind. But, when I cut, the demon automatically came to life. As if this is what it lived on.

 Now satisfied and no longer burning, I took out a band-aid and put it over my wrist. I pulled my sleeve down and covered it up even more. I walked back into my room after cleaning the blade. What I saw in the mirror has haunted me ever since that night.