Reader Special: What if?

"Kira! If you don't hurry up, we will leave without you." My mom's voice rang from the floor below me.

"Coming!" I called back as I took one last glance at myself in the mirror. Tan pants topped with a black long-sleeved shirt, dirty white running shoes on my feet, and a jacket tied around my waist. My long bronze hair was pulled up into a messy bun with a baseball cap placed atop it. Quickly I made my way out of my room and downstairs. My parents stood in the living room dressed in a similar fashion as myself.

"You ready?" My dad asked when he saw me descend the staircase. I smiled and nodded as we made our way out of the front door.

"We need to hurry." My mom started looking up at the storm clouds rolling in as a clap of thunder echoed around us. "Emmett is most likely getting restless." My dad let out a chuckle throwing his arm lovingly around my mom.

"Emmett can wait. We all know better than to expect Kira to be quick at getting ready."

"Hey!" I responded throwing a hand over my chest in mock hurt. "It's not my fault that you used to let Aunt Alice and Aunt Rose babysit. I come by it naturally now." I joked remembering the times I was used as a barbie doll when I was younger.

"Ah, so they are to blame for us never getting anywhere on time?" My mom questioned smiling brightly at me. I smiled back and simply nodded my head.

"All right, we can figure out who to blame later. Let's get going." With that, the three of us took off running towards the field.

Despite me being half-human, I kept up with my parents easily. The forest zoomed past at the speed of lighting. Quickly we dodged in between trees and jumped over obstacles in our path. I had to stop my hat from flying off my head at one point and the time I had spent on my hair is officially put to waste. Soon the multiple-mile run came to an end, and we entered the field where the rest of my family stood.

"It's about time!" Emmett called as soon as we came into view. "What took you so long?" Emmett questioned his eyes locked on me as if he already knew the answer. He was right, but I didn't like him assuming.

"Just thought we'd give you time to warm up so you might actually have a chance of winning," I replied as we approached the group. Everyone chuckled at my response.

"More like you took forever finding the perfect outfit." My dad called me out jokingly. I glared at him playfully while my mom quickly slapped him in the arm a wide smile on her face.

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with wanting to dress well." Alice came to my defense before floating to my side wrapping her arm around me protectively. "Not a of us care so little about we look." Her eyes squinted at Emmett, but she too had a smile on her face.

"Hey, can we just play the game?" Rosalie asks feigning annoyance at our conversation.

"I second that," Jasper called from where he stood twirling his bat. Another clap of thunder echoed around us as if on cue.

"Alright, let's get started," Carlisle called out as he took his place at homes base. Quickly everyone separated into their teams. My dad, My mom, Emmett, and Alice in the outfield. Carlisle, Jasper, Rosalie, and I at-bat.

"Remember everyone. No Cheating." Esme called out from her spot as referee. Her eyes focused on Emmett and then me respectively. I threw a hand on too my chest in hurt.

"It hurts that you would assume I, your favorite grandchild, is going to cheat."

"Who says you're her favorite grandchild?" Jasper laughs from next to me.

"I'm her only grandchild. I better be her favorite."

"I don't have favorites." A bright smile stretched across Esme's face at the conversation before her.

"Liar!" Echoed out from multiple people throughout the field laughs following behind. Shanking my head, I stepped up to bat ready to play.

"Let's just get this game started." I stared down at Alice as the ball came hurtling towards me. Thunder clapped again as my bat hit the ball and I took off running towards second base.