There's No Such Thing As Too Far, Is There?

We drove through the woods, rich neighborhoods to watch..
We joked as we looked that they were too good for us
'Cause socially speaking, we were the same
With a runaway father, or mother who's insane
A tale old as time, young love don't last for life..

It had been what felt like an eternity since we'd locked eyes, held hands, and Zander can only wonder what if it had happened different? if only you could make the stars fall into place, make the events of life seem to go differently, the star struck lovers used to go everywhere, play pranks together but what happened?
It seems the they were both stars shining so greatly in the others eyes they couldn't see past that, deeper..much deeper.

They wanted to explore the world together, Zander and Drew, if only.. All of their friends thought it was destiny, teased them, felt happy when they were near, but one day it happened. It all unraveled.

ZANDER!

DREW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!

The tears sputtered all over their faces and they screamed at eachother, the sound of the birds chirping was completely drowned out from the yells, the torturous yells late at night.
A misunderstanding maybe? No. He knows what he saw. And it's unforgivable.

The amaranthine haired teenager thought they were made for eachother, they fit hand in hand, two peas in a pod. Now it seems as if they are on different planets.

And now I know, now I know
It's time to go, it's time to go
We've traveled the seas, we've ridden the stars
We've seen everything from Saturn to Mars
As much as it seems like you own my heart
It's astronomy, we're two worlds apart

- - -

The magenta haired boy sat in his room, and his heart ached and longed for Zander, but why? You know he broke your heart. He..he didn't even tell you goodbye, never spoke to you again. Why do you even care Drew! The magenta haired boy needed to get his ex-lover out of his head, now.

we're two worlds apart
(It's astronomy) we're two worlds apart

Drew started out his window solemnly, he knew there's nothing out there but sunshine..happiness, but here in this room? It couldn't feel more gloomy. The magenta haired boy was silently manifesting you to come up to his door every day and tell him "it's ok."

Tell him this was all some sick joke, tell Drew you..you love him. At least one last time. But did you? Or would that be a lie. Because the teenager knew one things, he'd rather be loved than lied to but..for you it was different. He just wanted to hear you say those three. Simple. Words. Once more. Just one more time. Even if it was far from the truth, as far from the truth as you two were right now.

What is that? Drew gazed out his window and let out a sigh of desperation but perked up when he saw some purple out there. Zander. The love of his life. Now a has-been. He knew if he went down there it'd be awkward but there was some things that were worth doing one more time, no matter the cost or outcome.

The pink haired boy raced out there and threw of his coat and by the time he had left his house, there were tears streaming down his face and sparkling in his hazel eyes. He sobbed in between pants of desperation from trying to reach you.

Once the out of breath had reached the other he got close, a little too close, causing Zander to flinch.

Drew didn't mean to make him uncomfortable he just got overexcited and needed to get this off of his chest.
"From far away, I wish I'd stayed with you" Drew started to mutter in between sobs. Zanders cold glance didn't change and he shot daggers out of his eyes at Drew, causing chills to fill his body.
"But here, face to face," He paused only to see Zanders expression softened ever so slightly, but once he noticed his ex looking, his stern expression returned, "a stranger that I once knew.."
"I thought, if I wanted, you'd fall back in love" Drew said, raising his voice, letting the pain and desperation show through, he was bred to shove his face into your chest and you'd return it my wrapping him in a bear hug and giving him gentle pats on the back, but no. You stood there staring at the crying boy, starting to cry yourself.
You said, "Distance brings fondness,  but guess not with us."

So cold. Like an arrow piercing a glads in the dead of night, creating a shrill ringing of a broken heart. After all, a broken nose is easier to mend than a broken heart, and we ended up breaking two hearts in the bargain.

You started to turn away and looked like you wanted to scream. To run, to hide. To bury yourself in someone else, anyone else's arms and just as you turned away from Drew and picked up your foot to run-

He grabbed your wrist and uttered three words Zander thought he'd never hear from Drew again.

"I love you"