Valentines Day

Jake's P.O.V.

Crushed.

That was how I felt.

Daisy. My crush since middle school rejected me—and on Valentines Day too. Now I had no one to spend this magical day with.

I couldn't be angry at her though, when you truly love someone, you are gonna be happy for them, whatever choices they make.

I know I can't spend it with the music club. Most of them already have dates. And I don't really want to hang out with Drew and the guys. They'd tease me mercilessly.

Luke was with Zander, and Milly worked up the confidence to ask out Elliot. Hailey I doubt is celebrating and that leaves Sean.

I let out an audible sigh. Hopelessness came out with my breath.

But hey! Life's too short to not take risks. I glanced over to my phone and picked it up, nearly dropping it upon holding. Oops.

My room was quiet. No one was texting me. No one was going to.

Most of the club was busy on this romantic day..everyone but one person.

Sean.

I opened up my friends contact, wondering what to say? "Do you want to hang out?" Nah, that's too bland.

"Hi Sean, Happy Valentines Day. Do you want to hang out at the park or something?"

A few minutes of silence passed.

Ding!

My phone chimed and turned onto the lock screen.

"Oh uh, sure Jake. But I thought you were with Daisy?" The message read. I winced upon reading it. I still thought she was an amazing girl but I wanted a break from her..for now.

"Uh yeah, that. Nevermind it! Let's just meet up at Rosemeadow park, 'Kay?"

"Oh, sure Jake. I'll head over now." Sean replied after a moment.

I slowly arose from where I sat and whispered "yes!" In accomplishment.

I walked up to the door of my bedroom and without having a second thought, I raced to the park.

Once at the park I waited around, feeling the cool wind press against my face. My cheeks turned a fluorescent pink from the cold. As per usual, I wore my navy jacket and indicolite shirt that had two blades on the center.

If it weren't so frigid, my palms would have been sweating, why though? I like Daisy, and she isn't around.

Eventually I just decided it's best to brush that off and wait for Sean.

"Hey! Jake!" I heard a slightly raspy voice call out to me, and to my delight, it was Sean.

"Sean! You're here!" I yelled back gleefully. The older boy made his way to me, his feet softly crunching under the gravel path. Then he sat down next to me on the wooden bench.

My cheeks felt oddly warm, despite there temperature.

Sean and I talked for hours, gazing into one another's eyes- it was one of those talks that seemed to last forever and no one wanted it to end either.

Something about Sean's onyx eyes drew me in. For a split second everything seemed so perfect. Too good to be true. Without thinking I leaned in towards the older boy as the sun started to hide behind the scenery and the sky turned pink.

I kissed Sean.

"AH! SEAN! I am so sorry! I don't even know what came over me, I-" next thing I knew, the mans lips were on mine. It all happened so fast, but it was perfect.

Lucidity came slowly, but now I think I've reached it.

I'm in love with Sean. Not Daisy. Not Hailey. Sean. And I'm so glad to be here with him. Right now. I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.

"I love you." He said to me, eyes locked on mine. Nothing could've broken that focus. These moments were filled with pure bliss.

"Sean, will you be my valentine?" I asked, looking up at the taller boy.

"Of course, Sterling."

Today worked out so much better than expected and I never wanted it to end. I'd stay here all day and all night.

It feels like the world disappears, and we're just floating in the air, so let's stay up all night watching the starlight, soaring through the sky, eyes wide open.

The stars twinkled and the moonlight reflected our faces as we started to walk. We walked all along the pavement up to a koi fish pond, catching our reflections in the glassy water. We crossed over a wooden bridge with embellishments carved into it.

As some people say on this holiday, "love is in the air", and boy were they right. You walk anywhere within 50 miles of us and you could feel the mood. It was sweet, it'd make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If you have ever been in love, you must know the feeling, but if you haven't, it's like all the happiness, endearment, caringness, and everything else positive all wrapped up into one.

Sure it can be confusing, but worth it. The water rippled gently as the large fish pecked at the surface.

"Jake. Want to do this again next year, and the next, and the next until our hair goes grey and we can't walk?" Sean asked hopefully.

"Yeah..that would be nice." I swooned, picturing it.

Our steps made gentle clicks on the ground and the clouds rolled in overhead when suddenly a delicate dollop of white fell from the sky— snow.

So imperfect, yet perfect, it flurries down and lands softly on the ground until the whole park around us is covered in a thin white blanket that it pulled on, as if it were a sweater, freshly pressed.

No footsteps had pierced the smooth surface. You could see your breath and it made you think "what a time to be alive"

Sure, my attire with the ripped jeans wasn't exactly the best choice for this, but I didn't want to leave, nothing else mattered at this moment.

Happy Valentine's Day.

I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to SophiaPINKZZ
For this wonderful one shot idea!