The Light Of My Life

Sadie's P.O.V.
Our fingers interlaced as we walked under the pale moonlight. Thousands of twinkling lights glimmered all around us, hung in tiny threads. The lights illuminated the ebony sky, while the moon stayed dim.

Christmas posters covered this street, hating on the lamp posts which were softly flickering. It was chilly tonight, and you could see your breath. Soft wispy clouds covered the stars.

We walked along the path and then I paused to gaze into your beautiful golden eyes. They were like dollops of sunshine, pure. The soft clacking of our shoes against the pavement was the only sound that could be heard. Tonight was perfect.

One we reached the town square, a huge Christmas tree was in the center, with benches surrounding it and all of its beauty.

You and I made our way over to one of the wooden benches, and sat down next to each other. Then you reached over to me and moved my onyx hair out of my face gently and tucked it behind my ear.

"All the lights here today could never outshine you, mon amour." Your sweet voice rang out crisply into the frigid air. Despite the cold surroundings your voice sounded like a campfire, crackling and providing reassurance of warmth and safety.

Then you leaned in towards me and placed your lips on mine, I closed my eyes as you placed a delicate kiss on my lips. And just then, our lips still locked on each other's, the beautiful flurries of snow began to fall.

The first snow of this year. It was a miracle, really. I leaned back and gazed up at the graceful flakes as they danced down to the ground and layered slowly to form a stark white blanket on the Earth.

This was a remarkable moment really, lights in houses turned on quickly and little children emerged from the houses with huge grins on their faces as their mothers chased after them, yelling for them to get their coats on. Then realizing it was hopeless, so they just laughed along with their children.

Everyone's cheeks had turned a rosy pink, and the mood of everything around us had been lifted. Footprints clearly showed in the snow, but then there was the sparkling untouched snow.

Winter has always been my favorite season, and this is why. It's the most beautiful one, and my mind is set on that.

Laughter rang out in the once quiet town, and Luke and I still sat on the bench.

"I love you.." I gushed in a hushed voice as I leaned my head over onto your shoulder. You glanced over at me and smiled a little bit, then looked back at the now busy town.
- - -

Christmas Day.

Anticipation. Luke was coming to my house this year to spend Christmas, and I wanted everything to be perfect- well, not too perfect so it isn't fun though. He said he'd come around 4 p.m.

The tree was all set up and decorated, presents all wrapped with shiny bows lay underneath the needle canopy. It was almost 4 and you are usually punctual, or early so I expected you to arrive soon.

And sure enough about 10 minutes later I heard a knock on my door. It was soft, but sure enough it was there. I then quickly raced to open the door and noticed you smiling there, so sweetly with a huge gift in your hands and you presented it to me.

"Merry Christmas Sadie." You smiled. I reached for you and enveloped you in a big hug. " I don't even know what I did to deserve you, Luke." I muttered, caringly. You placed a gently kiss on the top of my head and released your grip on me as we headed inside.

Once we were in, you set your gift under the pine tree and plopped yourself down on my chocolate colored couch. "Want some cocoa?" I asked you, already heading to the kitchen, knowing you'd say yes.

"Sadie, I think you already know my answer, seeing as where you're headed." You giggled, glancing over at me.

"Of course" I laughed, pouring you a hot mug full with marshmallows floating at the top. Then I made my way back through the kitchen, my shoes made soft tapping noises against the hardwood which soon faded carpet and the noise disappeared. I found a seat right next to you on the hazel couch and handed you your steamy drink.

You've carefully placed the white mug to your lips and took a tiny sip of the chocolate liquid. Then you moved your face away from the glass and set the glass down on the table next to the couch, then you bet your lip very hard "ouch!" you exclaimed, "this is hot!"

"Oh, sorry.." I mumbled, feeling as though I let him down.

"Aw, don't worry." You reassured, wrapping your arm around me, noticing my previous tension which had quickly evaporated now.

*Merry Christmas..*