{Chapter Two}

Vesper and Molotov continued their walk towards the saving checkpoint, conversing quietly with one another as they crossed the train tracks. A shout from behind caught Vesper's attention, withdrawing their attention from their associate to behind them. It was the damn bank-teller again.

"What does he want this time?" They thought, as their brow scrunched with confusion and irritation.

He continued to shout for them, his reasoning was unknown to them. Deciding to ignore the matter, faced back around and continued to their destination. They got what they were after, so there was no point in wasting any more time.

Logging out of the game, the obnoxious advertisement to its sequel Free City 2: Carnage blared obnoxiously on the computer screen.

"Alright, I've gotta leave now." Y/N informed Millie through the microphone of their headphones. "Duty calls."

"Right. I'll catch you later." Millie feebly smiled, continuing to stare at her laptop screen, "Thanks again for your help."

"No problem. Bye bestie."

A deep sigh of exhaustion passed the (h/c) lips as they fully closed out of the game and settled their headphones on their shoulders, leaning back in their swivel chair. They stared up at the ceiling for a couple of seconds before continuing on with maintaining the computer graphics for the game.

Y/N spared a glance to their colleague, Keys, who was working intently on the video games coding. The urge to tell him that they are a step ahead to exposing their narcissistic asshole of a boss was tempting. But they couldn't just outright say it to him.

They chewed at their bottom lip in thought until a light bulb went off in their head. Checking over each shoulder for any onlookers tempted to rat them out for slacking, they opened up the messaging app on their phone and sent a quick message to Keys.

The soft vibration of the cell phone against the desk broke the young man from his concentration. He checked the sender's identification and his brow scrunched in confusion. Why would Y/N want to chat via text message when they sit directly in front of him?

He glanced over at his friend, waiting for an answer to be given. They merely motioned towards the phone, verbally saying to just read the message. Keys averted his gaze back to the screen and opened up a text.

We have a lead.

A smile graced his lips, satisfied with the wonderful news.

Glad to hear. I'm looking forward to exposing Antwon's ass and dragging it through the dirt.

An amused chuckle elicited from their lips. Both Keys and Y/N had an incessant grudge towards their CEO, due to the prick having stolen idealistic codes from their original game.

You and I both McKeys.

A pair of arms settled atop of their head and immediately Y/N knew who the owner was. Their eyes shut with feigned displeasure.

"Here to bring my life misery, Mouser?" Y/N asked, sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes "You're the reason God created the middle finger."

"Oof, woke up and chose violence did you?"

"Maybe."

It was their turn to roll their eyes. Y/N removed his arms against their head and fully turned their chair around to face him.

"Busy slacking off, (L/N)." he playfully reprimanded, "I should report you to Antwan."

"You wouldn't. But, that doesn't surprise me." they shrugged, "You practically worship the ground he walks on."