TWELVE

-THESIS-

-
THESIS
-

EVERYONE BEGAN HELPING prepare the shed to 'interrogate' Will. It was the perfect place to board up so the mind flayer wouldn't know where they were. Everyone was doing their bit, Steve and Nancy had gone out to cover the windows.

"Hey," Nancy started, catching Steve's attention. "What you did, um, helping the kids, that was... really cool." She thanked.

"Yeah. Little shits are real trouble, you know." Steve replied, standing on a stool to cover the higher window. "Besides, I had help." He said.

"Oh, Irina? You guys are getting pretty close, huh?" Nancy smiled. When she and Jonathan had gone to see Murray, she found out a few things about Irina. On Murray's little board of pictures and newspaper articles where he tried to figure things out about Hawkins, both Eleven and Irina's pictures were on it. They were labelled as Russian spies. Of course, Nancy explained that Eleven wasn't a Russian spy because she knew her, but she couldn't say the same for Irina.
Yes, she was Russian, but that didn't mean she was some sort of spy. Either way Nancy found it absurd, but couldn't shake a strange feeling she had. How would Irina be caught up in the whole Barb-Eleven-Will-Upside down-Demogorgon-Secret spy thing?

"Yeah. Turns out you were right about her. She's... incredible." Steve smiled to himself.

***

Once everything was ready and Will was tied securely to a chair, Joyce, Hopper, Jonathan and Mike went into the shed to try and get the real Will back while everyone else waited patiently, but anxiously, in the house. Lucas and Max were in the hallway talking, Nancy was leant against the wall thinking, Steve was in the living room swinging his bat around, Dustin was pacing, and Irina was perched on the floor with her back against the wall underneath the phone with her legs pressed against the wall opposite her.

"Irina?" The girl looked up to see Dustin stood there. He sat besides her and put his feet on the wall next to hers.

"I-I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about Svetlana." He said, sincerely. "I know how much she meant to you, and what she did for you." He added.

"Thank you, Dustin. But you have nothing to be sorry for. What happened back there wasn't your fault." Irina replied.

"I know, I just felt bad for forcing you and Steve out of your moment earlier. He seems like he's really helping you." He said.

"W-we weren't having moment. He was just comforting me. That is all." Irina cleared up.

"Looked like you were having a moment to me. Like on the bus when Steve went to fight Dart. 'Oh, be careful, Steve, please be careful '." Dustin mimicked with a chuckle, making Irina gently smack his arm, but chuckle along too.