FORTY-SEVEN

-VIGILANCE-

-
VIGILANCE
-

THE GROUP DECIDED that they needed to go and check up on Eddie and fill him on on what had been happening since they hadn't seen him in a few days.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit, cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." Robin asked.

"It'll be fine." Nancy reassured her.

"I just can't stand to see those full eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't." Robin sighed.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve said from where he was sat in the very back with Dustin and Irina, stuffing his face with crisps. He took one from the bag and held it near Irina's mouth. She opened her mouth and Steve popped the crisp in.

"That's what my mom does." Max huffed.

"Why don't we just give it a trial then?" Robin asked and began an exaggerated speech on what they were going to tell Eddie.

"We tell him we're one step closer to finding Vecna. That's what we say. That's what's important." Nancy told her.

"See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve piped up.

"Uh-huh." Robin groaned.

"Oh, shit." Nancy hissed when she saw the sight in front of her. There were dozens of police cars and a large crowd of reporters and the general public surrounding the policemen, who were attempting to answer as many questions as they could.

The group all got out of the car and Nancy lead them behind one of the reporter vans. They could hear the policeman telling the crowd what had taken place the night before. There had been another murder. He also announced that they had their first suspect, who everyone would not be on the search for - Eddie Munson.

"Oh, shit. This is not good. This is really not good." Steve whispered. Just then, Eddie's voice fuzzily came through the walkie.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?" He questioned.

"Eddie, holy shit, are you okay?" Dustin asked.

"Nah, man. I'm pretty... pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie replied.

"Where are you?" Dustin asked.

"Skull rock. Do you know it?" Eddie told him.

"Uh, yeah. That's near, uh, Cornwallis and-"