THIRTY-FOUR

-ALLEVIATE-

-
ALLEVIATE
-

THREE MONTHS LATER...
Irina awoke to the click and flash of a camera. Her eyes took a moment to adjust before she turned her head to see Steve grinning down at a Polaroid photo he'd just snapped of Irina sleeping.

"I'm sorry. You just looked too goddamn beautiful." He smiled, gaze darting between Irina and the picture. Irina rubbed her eyes and sat up, peeking at the photo.

"Steve! I look gross!" She squealed.

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week." Steve sighed, taking her chin between his finger and thumb, tilting her head up and pressing a kiss onto her lips.
Irina rested her head on Steve's shoulder, peering up at him as he still stared at the picture of her sleeping. She didn't notice that Steve had held up the Polaroid again and snapped another picture.

"Steve!" She gasped.

"What?!" He chuckled and shook the picture a little so it dried.

"See? Beautiful." He kissed her forehead. Irina still blushed when he called her beautiful. They'd been together almost a year and he still gave her butterflies.
Irina leant up and pressed and kiss on Steve's jaw and Steve was quick to lean down and capture her lips in his. He leant down, gently pushing Irina back so she was laying on her back, his mouth still pressed against hers. Slowly, Steve's lips trailed down her jaw and neck. He sucked a little, knowing that it would leave a slight mark. Steve was cheeky like that. Irina let out a shaky breath, loving every moment. Her fingers tugged and ran through at his hair, encouraging his actions, until she remembered something.

"We need to get up. Don't wanna be late for Robin again." Irina told him. They had been late various times when they were supposed to be meeting Robin or Dustin or whoever it was they were supposed to be meeting for... reasons.

"Yeah, again." Steve snorted, knowing the exact reason they were always late, and not regretting it one bit.

But besides, it was Steve and Robin's job interview today, so she didn't want them to be late for it. Joyce had been kind enough to get Irina a job as a sales clerk at the store she worked at, so she was earning herself some money.