[ 002 ] dad!

— CHAPTER TWO.
dad!

A CAR ALARM PIERCES the hot summer air. Odessa jolts in the chair she naps in. She rubs her eyes quickly and walks to the main part of camp. She walks up to her brother and looks up at Dale. 

"What is it?" She calls.

"A stolen car's my guess." He responds. A red Dodge Charger pulls into camp with a blaring alarm.

Odessa sighs in relief when an Asian man steps out. Glenn. As soon as he steps out, Shane and Amy both begin shouting. Amy demanding to know if her sister is okay and Shane ordering him to pop the hood.

Seconds later, the car alarm is cut off. "Why isn't she with you? Where is she? She's okay?" Amy questions.

"Yes!" Glenn shouts back. "Yeah, fine. Everybody is. Well, Merle not so much."

At Glenn's words, Carl looks up at Odessa. She's lips pull into a grin, "told you his idiocy would get him killed."

Lori shoots a glare at her daughter. "Don't tell him things like that." She says sternly. Odessa rolls her eyes and looks away from her.

"Are you crazy, driving this wailin' bastard up here. Are you tryin' to draw every walker for miles?" Shane asks Glenn harshly.

"I think we're okay." Dale pipes.

"You call being stupid okay?" Shane looks back at him.

"Well, alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source." Shane pushes off the car and looks at Dale sternly, "I'm not arguing. I'm just saying." He then looks at Glenn. "It wouldn't hurt you to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?"

Glenn looks at them with no expression, "sorry." He then motions to the red car. "Got a cool car."

Suddenly, a cube van pulls to a stop. Odessa watches as Amy and Andrea rush to hug each other. A frown pulls at her lips as Morales's kids run to hug him.

Lori pulls a crying Carl away. T-Dog and Odessa share a quick hug.

"How'd y'all get out of there anyway?" Shane asks as the two pull apart. Odessa and T-Dog share a look before she begins to walk away.

"New guy— he got us out." Glenn responds.

"New guy?" Shane quizzes.

"Yeah, crazy vato just got into town. Hey, Helicopter Boy! Come say hello." The door to the cube van opens and slams shut. The gravel crunches under a pair of boots.

Odessa stops in her tracks. She knows it is him before she even turns around. She can always tell when he is close. She pivots and her eyes widen.

"Dad?" Her voice cuts through the air. His eyes find her a second later. He stumbles back a step as if he's been shoved. His eyes widen and well with tears.

"Dad!" She then screams.

Then she is running.

They both are.

She hears Carl's screaming voice, "Dad! Dad!"

Rick catches Odessa the second she is within arms length. Her arms go around his neck and her legs around his waist. "Dad." She cries into his neck. He wraps his arms around her tightly. His own cries are heard in her ears.

A second later, Carl is there and all three are on the ground. Odessa and Carl and Rick are all crying. Rick stands, his arms around both of his children. He approaches his wife while carrying Carl and his other arm wrapped around Odessa.