[ 006 ] dead.

— CHAPTER SIX.
dead.

mentions of suicide

THE QUARRY IS SUPPOSED to be safe. A paradise away from the new monsters of this dreadful, new world. Instead, they all died.

Everyone died last night.

Rick died. Lori died. Carl died. Dale died. Glenn died. T-Dog died. Carol died. Shane died. Jacqui died. Andrea died. Sophia died. Morales died. Daryl died. Odessa died.

A little piece of them all died last night.

And Amy. . .

Amy is really dead.

Dead and coming back to life.

Andrea remains hunched over her sister's corpse, she stayed in place there all night. Never moving, only mourning.

Odessa Grimes sits in a curled up position in a fold out chair, her knees brought up to her chest and her chin resting on her knees. She clutches her pathetic pocket knife in her hands. She scratches the back of her right arm occasionally.

Rick has kept an extremely close on her. He'd spent the entire night awake with her. She never once stop crying until dawn broke and even then, sleep never came for the young girl.

She hasn't stopped shaking either. Her hands quiver and her body starts to ache from the never ending trembles. She's grown hot and sweat begins to form at her hair line.

Even Daryl sends the occasional glance at the ticking time bomb. Glenn and Dale and Carl all check on her every couple minutes.

Amy is dead.

Ed is dead.

Not that she cares about Ed. But seeing both Carol and Sophia cry over him breaks her heart. But they're both free from Ed's abuse now.

Many others died at the hands of the walkers.

Odessa doesn't even look up when she hears Glenn or Daryl shouting.

When everyone begins to panic she finally snaps out of her daze. Her bloodshot eyes move from the dirt to where everyone is crowding around Jim.

She watches T-Dog grab the man by his arms so he can't attack any of the others. Daryl lunches forward and lifts the man's shirt. Odessa lets out a small, sharp gasp.

Bit.

Jim is bit.

"I'm okay," the man mutters. "I'm okay. I'm okay." He looks around his people— his friends that are circling him like buzzards would a dead animal.

Her eyes well with more tears.

They are all dead.

So dead.

They are all bleeding from the mouths, from walker bites in their necks and their stomach and their arms, they are heaving last breaths.