Chapter 4

"Wake up, sleepyhead," I hear a voice say from somewhere far away.

I groan as I rub my eyes and stretch, my back hurting quite a bit. I must've fallen asleep behind my writing desk.

"I really should sleep more," I mutter, running a hand through my hair. I open my eyes but close them immediately as the light is way too bright.

"Not now, Alexander. Now, we feast," the same voice says. I open my eyes again, shielding them from the evening sun as a man comes into view.

"Nathan?"

"Who else do you think I am?" the guy sighs, rolling those beautiful emerald eyes. He sits down, grabbing two bowls of some strong-smelling goo. He holds one out to me. "Fresh boar stew. Let's eat."

I nod, taking the bowl a bit reluctantly. I mumble a thanks and take the spoon he's holding out for me. At first, I just stir the stew around as it just looks horrible but as I see Nathan glance at me, I carefully lift a full spoon to my face, taking a careful bite.

As soon as it enters my mouth, I'm surprised by the explosion of taste. All the herbs and spices Nathan used have just been sucked into the meat, making it juicy and tasty instead of bloody and stale. "This is amazing," I say, looking at Nathan wide-eyed. "You should become a chef or something."

Nathan laughs. "Really, this is nothing special," he says, shaking his head as if I said something completely crazy. "Trust me, we're both better off with me staying where I am."

I tilt my head slightly to the left, looking at him as he says that. "Why are you here anyway?" I ask before I can stop myself. Why do I even ask that? I know why he's here. I created him for god's sake. But as I'm thinking that, I realize that I can't remember why he does what he does.

"I just fancy time for myself," he says quickly, maybe a bit too quickly. "I wanted to go on adventures so I decided to leave my old home behind and start anew."

I hum and nod, even though I'm pretty sure that wasn't the reason for him living on his own out here in the middle of a forest.

"So what about you? What's your story?"

Before I can even start to think about what I should say, my mouth already starts talking. "Well, ever since I was young, my father taught me to fight and shoot. My parents were farmers and I didn't want to stay stuck like they were so as soon as I was old enough, I joined the king's army. I've fought in a couple of battles but the longer I fought, the more I realized that those fights were just a way for kings, lords, and the like to keep us satiated and give us a sense of purpose. We were fighting and dying to caress their ego. That's when I just stepped down from my post and went back to my parental home to take over the farm."

" Let me guess, that's the home you were in when I saved you?"

"Pretty much," I say, shrugging my shoulders as I wolf down the rest of the food. I didn't even know I was this hungry before I started eating, which is weird because I could swear that one can't feel hunger or fatigue in a dream. Things are starting to make less and less sense.

As soon as we're both done with our dinner, Nathan leads me to a small stream a bit further into the woods where we clean our bowls and spoons.

"I think today is a good day to go to sleep early," Nathan says, stretching which makes his shirt rise slightly.

My eyes widen and I can feel my cheeks heat up at the sight. Quickly, I turn away. I can't do this. I can't start crushing on a figment of my own imagination. This is so not done. "You're probably right," I say, already walking back to the camp to avoid watching Nathan any longer than I already have. When will I finally wake up? This has already gone on for way too long.

I slip into the tent, seeing that Nathan has already added a second makeshift mattress, probably when I'd drifted off. I can't help but smile softly at the sight. Despite his rough exterior, the guy really is kind-hearted. He's perfect basically.

"What's the sudden rush?" Nathan asks, getting in after me. He immediately starts getting undressed, no sign of embarrassment, though how could he even feel embarrassed with such a body? It looks like he's been handcrafted by the gods. Perfectly carved pecks with a light drizzle of hair running from his well-formed chest down past the edge of his pants which I now notice is clinging perfectly to his hips, showing off his well-rounded ass.

"I guess all the events of today just really tired me out," I say, my eyes fixed on the guy as he's busy undressing. No matter how hard I try, I can't stop myself from watching. God, I really need to get laid if I'm already getting horny from watching a fictional character of my own creation getting undressed for bed.

Finally, I get myself to look away, dressing down to my undergarments before I slip onto my mattress which is surprisingly soft and comfortable. I hum happily, curling up under my blankets. "Sleep well," I mumble, thinking that's the right thing to say.

"You too," Nathan says as he slips under his blankets. I could swear I can hear him sigh as I turn so my back is to him but that's probably just my imagination getting away from me.