The day I died.

It was just like any other day for me. Wake up, eat, go to work, get groceries, go home, go to sleep, repeat. I had two days off a week and once a week on one of these days off I would treat my mom, dad, and siblings to lunch. However it was on one of these days that I died.

My name is Damian Shade and this is the story of how I died and was reincarnated as a Dragoon.

My family and I just finished lunch and were heading towards my car since I picked them up. However we were interrupted by a man with a knife. He ran right for my little sister so I ran at him and tackled him. I held his shoulders down but despite that he stabbed me in the stomach repeatedly. After several minutes my dad and second oldest brother pucked him up so he couldn't stab us, but I was bleeding out.

The police and an ambulance were on their way. My little sister Sonya sat by my side as my mom was putting pressure on the wound.

Sonya: "Big brother are you okay?"

Damian: "I don't think so Sonya."

My mother shouts through tears while putting more pressure on my wound.

Mom: "DON'T SAY THAT YOU'LL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS!!!"

Damian: "Wow this really hurts. I wish it didn't."

???: "Due to your request you have obtained the skills blade and blunt weapon resistance. With both skills acquired you have also obtained the skills Pain Nullification and Dragon Skin."

Mom: "Damian are you still there? Can you hear me?"

I look at my mother.

Damian: "If only I was stronger I might actually survive this."

???: "Your request to obtain the skills Instant Regeneration and Draconic might have been answered. You have also been given poison immunity due to the blade being laced with hazardous materials."

Sonya: "Big brother you can't leave us. We need you."

I can't help but focus on the pain.

Damian: "How can I be so hot and cold at once? Is this what death feels like?"

???: "You have acquired the heat and cold resistance skills. With both heat and cold resistance they have evolved into the extra skill temperature fluxuation resistance skill."

Everything starts turning black.

Damian: "I'm sad that I won't be able to see them again, but I'd do it again if I had to."

???:  "You have obtained the unique skill Selfless. Your defesive attributes will be greatly increased while getting in the way of harm of your allies."

Damian: "If only intimidation tactics worked, then I wouldn't be in this situation."

???: "You have acquired another unique skill. Warning with two unique skills they will alternate between activation depending on the situation. Your second unique skill is Fearful aura. Those affected by your aura will either flee or stop in fear as long as your influence is stronger."

You no longer see, hear, or feel anything. It's just darkness, but you feel yourself waking up.