Chapter 10- Betrayal

a cannon is shot. Bang! I look to where it had come from, and I saw the ship that was our friend... or at least I thought it was. It had a flag from our side of the war before, but now it's changed it to their own. Our enemy's. Next thing I know, the cannonball is whistling towards our boat and lands on it with a crack! I notice the captain running into the ship, presumably to radio back home. (Little did he, I, or anyone know, that he would die from the electric shock of a cannon in the wiring.)

The ship members fly into a panic around me. Shoving me left and right like a ping pong ball. We suffer another hit by one of those angry cannonballs. I taste something metallic in my mouth- blood from my bitten tongue and I fall into a daze. I decided to give up on trying to not get trampled. I'm going to die either way. 

One hit, two hits, three hits, more, the cannons rain down like hail in a storm. Water starts to drench and surround me. We are sinking.

The beautiful blue sky gradually changes from blue and clear to grey and smoky. The sparkling sea turns into a cemetery. The ship that's robbing us of our peaceful existence was an enemy ship disguised as a friend. Betrayed by a friend as they say or a foe- who even knows which to use now. Everyone is screaming, but their voices are muffled.