Chapter Three: Out and About

(i believe art was done by @ bell__MHA on twitter ! )

With a rough description of a man in a trench coat with a fire quirk now released to the public, Akari didn't feel so confident bringing Dabi along with her into town. When the news uttered the name of her attacker, she felt her blood begin to boil. Some part of her wished she could've just explained it all to them; it was all in the name of self defense, and the defense of another. Technically it went against the law, but it was impossible to expect all rules to be followed accordingly all the time. Surely, it should depend on the situation. Right? That's what she told herself, at least. Truthfully, she was willing to tell herself anything that didn't make Dabi out to be the bad guy.
Slipping his white v neck over his exposed chest, and dropping his sweat pants in the middle of the living room to pull back on his all black jeans, Akari let out a groan as she put a hand over her eyes to shield them from her new acquaintance.

"You sure aren't shy, are ya?" She joked, grabbing her purse from her bedroom, continuing to shield her eyes from him as she walked through the living room.

"No reason to be, doll face." She could feel the smirk in his voice as he spoke. "We going out then?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You know, on a date." Sarcasm coated his words as he sent her a subtle eye roll. "You said be ready in five if I wanted to come with you. So, are we leaving now or?"

"Is it really such a good idea to be coming with me?" She questioned, pulling a leather jacket sleeve over her arm. "We both just witnessed the same news broadcast, didn't we? You're kind of a fugitive now."

"All the public knows is that it was some guy in a trench coat with a fire quirk." He laughed, he really thought it was funny. All those people around, and they still couldn't give a better description than that? Pathetic. "So long as I don't wear my trench coat, and I don't use my Quirk. We're fine, doll."

"What happens when they do find you out, and everyone in Yokohama sees me walking around with said fugitive?" Akari raised an eyebrow, fingers lingering on the door knob. "Quite frankly, I'm not too eager to lose my career before I ever got the chance to start it. I'd never get to work in a hospital if I was found walking around with a known criminal."

"Well, I'm an unknown criminal for now."

"Not funny."

"I can wear a disguise if it makes you feel better." He shrugged, not sure what she wanted from him. "Got one of the hospital masks laying around here? Some sunglasses and a hoodie? Boom. Unrecognizable. Just like in all those movies."

"Fine."

"Knew I'd convince you sooner or later." He smirked to the girl, reaching over her small frame to grab the door knob. "Guess we better get going. Wouldn't want to be out in the dark with a criminal on the loose."

"Think you need that disguise first." She muttered, feeling her back press against the wall as he scooted in closer. "I'll grab you a sweater if you want to swipe a mask, they're underneath the sink the bathroom.

"On it, doll face."

"And what's with the nicknames?" She called out to the man, digging for a hoodie that would fit him.

"Get used to it." He shouted across the apartment to her, pulling the mask over his ears and pushing a pair of sunglasses onto his face. "I have no intentions of stopping anytime soon, doll."

"You're gonna have to get a little more creative." She commented, passing the hoodie over to his arms. "It's already starting to get old."

_________________________________________________________