Chapter Eight: Vanguard Action Squad

The day arrived far quicker than Akari had expected it to, or wanted it to. When the sun began to set over the town, the two knew it was showtime. Leaving the house in masks and sunglasses to hide their faces, Dabi took the wheel, despite Akari's many protests. He insisted since he's the one who drives recklessly, explaining that that meant if something bad did go down before they got there, he could get them out of there faster than Akari would. Quite frankly, it got to a point where Akari gave up on the arguing, and settled the conflict by handing over her car keys. Her cigarette hung loosely from her lips as she puffed the smoke outside the window. She was trying to remain calm; her first mission was about to start, and fuck, she didn't want to mess it up.

"Wanna give me a drag of that?" Dabi questioned, leaning his head toward her, mouth hung open to accept the cigarette.

"Would rather keep it all to myself, but" Akari started with a slight smile, setting the stick between his teeth. "guess I don't mind sharing, as long as it's with you."

"Tonight's going to go fine, you know that, right?" Somehow it always felt like they could read each other like a book. "All we gotta do is snag that brat, and get him out of there."

"Won't be so simple, Dabi." Akari replied as she ripped the cigarette from his mouth, taking another deep inhale of the smoke, letting her body relax as she exhaled. "Lot of extra steps you're missing in between arriving and leaving. It's undeniable, we're going to have to fight, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. I want to be, but I just don't know."

"Of course you're ready for it!" The man exclaimed, putting the car into park as they arrived to the hide out. "Broke my nose during our last fight, and broke free from my grasp. I wasn't taking it easy on you or anything either."

"Mhm." Her voice trailed as she turned her attention out the window, unbuckling her seat. She still felt so unsure.

"Hey," He started, grabbing a hold of her hand. "said you'd trust me, right? So, believe me. We've got this."

        The Vanguard Action Squad

        The Vanguard Action Squad. It was a group of villains that Shigaraki and Giran had hand picked to create the perfect little team to carry out their mission for them; Muscular, Moonfish, Mr. Compress, Magne, Mustard, Spinner, Twice, Toga, Akari and Dabi was put in charge of being the leader for said mission. Shigaraki was kind enough to send them out with a newly made Nomu - a creature with a never ending blood lust, an absolute monster of a being. Inside and out. As horrifying as it appeared, it seemed to follow through with every order Dabi gave it. He really was the ring leader today, and damn proud to be.
Now that they had officially infiltrated the Beast's Forest, it was time to wreck havoc. At the beginning, the group stayed tight knit together to get mission underway. Placing both of his hands on two different trees, Dabi set them ablaze. Cobalt blue flames soared to the sky, creating a domino effect of fire. Akari had only witnessed it one time prior - when he had taken her to the sunflower field. His eyes almost glistened as the fire roared higher and higher, catching onto every little leaf and shrub that it could, until eventually the whole forest would be engulfed in sapphire flames.
Next up, Mustard. They wanted to make sure they used their distance attacks accordingly. A lot of damage in a little amount of time was preferred, especially if it meant they could get the jump on the already unexpecting kids. Adjusting the gas mask on her face, Akari gave Mustard a thumbs up, signaling she was good to go and he could finally use his Quirk as discussed. A subtle pink mist soon covered half of the forest, the gas could lull anyone straight to sleep if they dared breathe it in.