2

"Darling," Mandy would here Howard say as he entered their lab, "we've been in jersey for months. How about you and I sneak off for a little fondue." Mandy had her arms deep inside the engine of a truck when she turned to see Howard in a suit and tie, "don't you look nice." Mandy set down her tools and walked over to Howard, "I thought we couldn't do that till after the war was won." Howard nodded, "Doctor Erskine found his first candidate and I am needed in Brooklyn to assist with operations. Darling, let's go a day early." Mandy was still hesitant till Howard swept her off her feet bridal style. "Howie, your suit," Mandy began to say as Howard walked to their room. Howard looked down, "oh, would you look at that," he smirked, "looks like we both need to get changed."

Mandy would playfully hit Howard on the chest, "let's go a day early. It would be Nice to maybe see Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis." Howard nodded, "then it's settled. We leave today and will be in Brooklyn tomorrow afternoon for everything."

Walking into the facility for project rebirth would be far different than Mandy could ever imagine. A women amongst all these men and she was a key comment to making this work. "Howie," she would say whispering into her husbands ear, "I know that man." Howard looked to mandy wondering who she mentioned. Mandy pointed to the man laying in the chamber designed for project rebirth, "he was the man who payed my work a complement." Howard nodded, "when this is over, I will have to thank him." The two smiled at each other then got to work.

The day was meant for triumph and the dawn to the supersolider program, but by the end of it innocent people were dead and Mandy left shaken up. The bomb went off only feet away from her and it sent her flying. When the smoke cleared she could see Howard holding her hand comforting her while the once skinny kid from Brooklyn ran after the Hydra spy. "Get her out of here!" yelled the general. Mandy squeezed Howards hand as she stood up, "I am not leaving." The general came and got in Mandy's face, "This is no place for a woman." Mandy took a deep breath, "you're only here because I was able to successfully build that chamber. You want me gone." Howard interupted, "If she's out then so is Stark Industries." The general turned to Howard, "You're making enemies with the wrong person Stark." Howard shook his head, "My wife is the smartest person in this room general. You really want to throw your best assest and our weapons out the window." The generl took a step back, "Get her checked out and in Washington by morning. She's going to address the president." Howard took mandys hand and walked her to a nurse. It was from their they were headed to Howard's but were stopped by the man from before.

"Excuse me," Said the man. Mandy looked to him and smiled, "How are you feeling?" The man returned a smile, "Considering, I'm ok. Have we met?" Mandy nodded then the man continued, "You were the woman surveying the exhibits at the expo, were you not?" Mandy nodded, "My name is Mandy Stark and I was asking you questions about my exhibit." Steve placed his hand out, "My name is Steve Rogers. It's nice to officialy meet you Ms. Stark." Steve looked to Howard, "You've got yourself quite a women sir." Howard nodded, "I know. Now we must be going. Were off to Washington." Steve nodded then the three would part ways.

It would be months later when Mandy watched Steve do a show for Captain America. The hero persona the world had given him after the events in Brooklyn. "Bring on the girls," yelled one of the soldiers a few rows behind Mandy. She watched as Steve walked off the stage and followed in his direction. When they had rounded the corner of the stage she yelled out, "Hey Captain!" Steve turned and saw Mandy their smiling at him. "Are you just going stand there or are you going to come hug me?" Steve smiled and hurried to Mandy. He picked her up and twirled her around. "This is the last place I ever thought I'd see you. Ms. Stark what are you doing here?" Mandy smiled as the two headed off in the direction Steve was initally headed in, "They needed Howard here and he wouldn't come unless they brought me. Steve," the two stopped walking when Steve saw Peggy. She was still a distance away but that didn't stop steve from admiring her from afar. "maybe," mandy would say snapping Steve out of his trance, "Maybe when this is all over we could all go dancing." Steve looked down to Mandy, "Do you think?" Mandy smiled, "I think you should ask her." Steve smiled.