3

Mandy woke up to a soldier standing in uniform at her door. "Good morning," he looked to the clock on the wall, "Or should I say afternoon." Mandy stood up as she took in her surroundings, "Where am I?" The soldier spoke, "Mrs. Stark, you are in a recovery room in New York City." Mandy could feel her powers surging, "That game, it's from May 1941. I know because I was there. Where am I really?" Mandy watched the soldier take a step closer, "You are at a decomissioned SSR facility. You were in an accident. They thought it would be better if you both were brought here for recovery." Mandy's mind raced, "Recovery?" The soldier nodded, "My name is Colonel Rhodes. Ma'am, would you follow me. There is a lot we need to discuss and somepeople who would like to see you."

Mandy nodded, "What year is it?" Colonel Rhodes, "2010 ma'am. You've been asleep for nearly 70 years." Mandy placed her hands on her stomach. Colonel Rhodes, "You really need to follow me." Mandy nodded and was taken to the medical wing of the base to find Steve. Mandy dropped to her knees when Steve turned to show he was rocking a baby."Am I dreaming?" asked Mandy. Steve came and got on his knees infront of Mandy and pulled her in, "You saved us." Mandy began to cry. "Mrs. Stark your baby boy was born 8lbs 6oz and thanks to your gifts and everything that happened to you during the war," said the doctor as Mandy looked to her, "You saved all three of you and were perfectly preserved in time." Mandy stood up with her baby in her arms. "Mrs. Stark," Said Colonel Rhodes, "They want to know what his name is." Mandy smiled, "I wanted to name him Anthony Edward, but with everything that has happened I think James or Howard would be more fitting. A nod to the man that saved my, our lives." Steve nodded then turned to Rhodes, "you good Colonel?" Colonel Rhodes nodded, "Yes. Yes. Tony always told me his name origin was a odd one and now I see why. Mrs. Stark, I have one more person I would like you to meet. Please stay here and let the doctors take care of you while I go retrieve him from the command center." Mandy nodded.

An hour later Colonel Rhodes and Tony Stark would return to the medical wing. "Hello again," Steve and Mandy turned to see the two men walk in, "I want you to meet Anthony Edward Stark." Tony smiled, "Tony for short," he looked to Mandy who was wide eyed, "Ma'am. Are you alright?" Mandy nodded, "yes," she nodded, "he moved on. Good. Good." Tony walked closer to Mandy, "who? My father?" Mandy nodded, "You look so much like him." Mandy placed a hand on the side of Tonys face, "sweet boy." Tony smiled, "he never stopped looking for you." Mandy let go of Tony, "before the war ended I found out I was pregnant. I wanted to name our son Anthony Edward Stark. I told you father to start a family and move on and I'm happy he did." Tony looked to Mandy questioned, "why?" Mandy looked down to her baby, "he deserved so much more and the day I went into the ice he... we said good bye to more than just our futures and I'm happy he found happiness." Tony nodded his head, "What do I call you?" Mandy looked to Tony, "Mandy, if it's easier. This little bundle here. His name is Howard James Stark." The two locked eyes again as Mandy continued, "named after the two men who saved my life." Tony smiled, "I always wanted a brother." Mandy motioned for Tony to take her baby, "it's up to you, but you can call me mom if you need or would like. They let me read your file. I'm sorry for your loss." Tony looked to Mandy, "thank you. I just wish you two could of seen each other one more time. He blamed himself for losing you, both of you."

Mandy smiled to him, and that smile turned to tears as she watched the man in front of her. Tony took Mandy's hand, "it will take time but you're home. You have a home with me and my wife. Please, I know it must be tough," Tony squeezed Mandy's hand, "please don't cry." Mandy nodded, "Tony, your father was an engineer... did you inherit the genius?"

Rhodes laughed, "you should show her just how much of that genius you inherited?" Mandy, Steve and the baby got the all clear and we're able to go home with Tony and Colonel Rhodes. Home went from a run down apartment to army tents, and from army tents to a skyscraper dubbed Stark Tower.