Draco Malfoy

"Bloody hell it's freezing out here." I heard from beside me as Pansy sat down. I looked over and giggled slightly as I could barely see her face behind all the layers she was wearing.

"You look like the Michelin man." I said gripping my hot cocoa and taking a sip.

"The what now?"She said shooting me a concerned look.

"Sorry forgot, muggle thing." I said looking back towards the quidditch field as the game was about to begin.

Today was one of the biggest matches of the season. Slytherin versus Gryffindor. There was practically not an empty seat anywhere in the stands. I suddenly saw a flash of green speed past and watched at the Slytherin team took a lap around the field pumping their fists in the air getting the crowd to yell in excitement.

"Let's go Malfoy!" Pansy yelled from beside me.

I watched his head turn towards us trying to spot who had yelled as his eyes landed on me. I saw a small smirk creep over his lips before he took off again as the game began.

Pansy and I sat in the Slytherin common room while waiting for our victors to return from the field. A sudden increase in noise signaled the team had returned. I caught a glimpse of blonde hair through the crowd making it's way towards me getting stopped by every person to congratulate him. He finally made his way through the unruly crowd and stood above me.

"Hello pretty ladies." Draco said sliding in between the incredibly small space between me and Pansy.

"Y'know Malfoy, I thought it was the girl who was supposed to sit on the guys lap." Pansy said pushing Draco towards me.

"Ah pish posh." He said resting his arms on the back of the couch behind us.

"So what did you guys think of the game." He said looking between me and Pansy.

"It was cold as fuck Malfoy." Pansy said shooting him a glare. I let out a choked laugh at her crassness.

"Who decided to have the most important game of the season is January?!" She said throwing her hands up in the air.

"Oh blimey it wasn't that cold." He said rolling his eyes.

"I don't know, I don't think my fingers will stop being numb until next week." I said holding up my slightly bluish hands. It really was one of the coldest days of the year today, and being high up in the stands really doesn't help much with the wind.

"Jesus y/n. You're hands are blue." Draco said reaching for my hands and engulfing them with his.

"I thought I was the one who was supposed to have cold hands." He mumbled under his breath.

"Hmm?" I hummed questioning what he had just said as I looked up at him but caught Pansy's eyes instead. Once I made eye contact with her she wiggled her eyebrows at me before standing up and brushing of her trousers.

"Well I'm gonna go find Blaise." She said abruptly standing up and walking towards the crowd of people.

"What's her problem?" Draco said rubbing my hands in his instinctively as he watched Pansy walk away.

"Oh, uh, I'm not sure." I said clearing my throat.

He glanced at our hands and immediately stopped moving and released mine. "Sorry didn't realize I was doing that." He said running a hand through his hair and leaning back against the couch.

"It's okay, I think it actually helped." I said bringing my hands into my lap. "You really did play wonderfully today." I said looking up to meet his eyes.

"Y'know. I think I've heard that from about a hundred people today but-" He started but I abruptly cut him off realizing what I had said.

"Yeah, yeah sorry. I bet it gets annoying after a while." I said awkwardly tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What I was gonna say before I was rudely interrupted." He said sarcastically as he paused and glanced at me. "Is I think I've heard that about a hundred times today but, I think you might be the only person who I actually enjoyed hearing it from." He said emphasizing the word but.

"O-oh. Well thank you?" I said literally questioning the words as they came out of my mouth. I was a little confused at the interaction happening right now. Yes I was friends with Draco, yes I possibly, maybe, wanted to be more than that but he never reciprocated anything that hinted he had feelings too.

"You're really cute when you're flustered y/n." He said smirking at me. My eyes shot up as a blush warmed my cheeks. "Can I take you on a date sometime?" He said after a moment of silence.

"I think I'd like that." I said smiling at him.