Part one

My 18th birthday was coming up next week. My parents have been acting really strange. They keep hugging me and giving me things I didn't even ask for. They were never like this. Were they planning on kicking me out? I sure hope not because I don't have any money and honestly, I'm afraid to live in this big world without my parents protection. Maybe they are just acting like this just to be nice. I'm sticking with that guess; just being nice. My parents are making dinner at the moment and I'm just sitting in my room, thinking about nothing. My parents told me that people are coming to visit on my birthday and I have to be nice. It's most likely my cousins or something. They are little annoying brats. I have to babysit them every once in a while.
I go to my desk and grabbed out my notebook. I right my thoughts down in it. It's like a diary except it's inside of a notebook.
"Clarissa dinner is ready!" My mom called up the stairs
"I'm coming!" I yell back.
I shut my notebook and put it back into my desk. The scent of chicken ran into my nose. I love chicken. But don't we all? I run after the scent. My mouth watering.
"Mom that chicken smells like heaven in a basket"
"That's an interesting comparison"
"Don't judge me. Now gimmie some of the chicken!" I whined. I just noticed how hungry I was. I piled the food on my plate. My food was gone by the time I knew it. My stomach was stuffed to the max and I was tired.
"I'm going upstairs"
"Goodnight" my parents said.
I walk up the steps and dive into my bed. When my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.