Ch. 8:ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ: ˢᵐᵘᵗ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: ᵈᵘᵇⁱᵒᵘˢ ᶜᵒⁿˢᵉⁿᵗ⸴ ᵈⁱʳᵗʸ ᵗᵃˡᵏ⸴ ˢᵐᵘᵗ⸴ ˡᵃⁿᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ⸴ ᵈᵒᵐ ʸᵒᵒⁿᵍⁱ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

J-Hope had brought back everything on your list, plus a few more things he thought you might need: your shower toiletries, perfumes, every set of pajamas you owned, a few hoodies and pairs of shorts, and a metric shitton of shoes. It took him, Jin, and Taehyung more than a dozen trips to bring it all up to your room, but after the better part of three hours, you were finally moved in.

While they helped you unpack, you got to know the three a bit better. JHope was always laughing, and it was so infectious that every time he did, you ended up laughing right along with him. He played pranks on his fellow members, and they took it good-naturedly every time, V even returning the favor. 

Taehyung at first glance seemed serious, but you quickly realized he had quite a playful, sweet side. He acted like a big kid, and it was hard to reconcile that with one of the best hackers you'd ever heard of. He told you of how when he was a kid, his family were dirt-poor farmers, and so whenever he could, whether it was at school or the public library, he had spent every spare minute of his time in front of a computer. 

At first, it was just playing games, but then he started finding the joy of programming when he wanted to make a simple, create-your-own-adventure style text-based game. He absorbed knowledge like water, and he quickly became one of the best hackers in the country by the time he was 15.

Jin acted like the elder brother of all the Bangtan Boys, it seemed like. But he was doubtlessly the goofiest of the three. He kept on cracking Dad joke after Dad joke, and they were notoriously horrible puns. Still, they kept you smiling the entire time you guys worked. 

After a few hours, you were all unpacked, and each of the boys gave you a tight hug before saying goodbye and leaving you to relax. Jin reminded you that you needed to go see Suga before you went to bed, and you felt a knot of anxiety form in your belly. You pushed it aside, preferring to enjoy your new quarters without worrying about your upcoming encounter for the moment.

You stood back, hands on your hips as you surveyed the large closet, nodding happily. You had plenty of clothes to last you for however long you needed, and Jin had mentioned that if you forgot anything or needed to buy something, the Bangtan Boys would foot the bill. It was sweet of them. 

You flicked the light switch and closed the closet door, padding out to the sitting room. You glanced down at your watch and let out a soft sigh; it was half past one in the morning. And you hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night, due to almost being murdered and then being brought here.

You were utterly exhausted. Still, you had one final thing to do before you could sink into that comfortable new bed: go see Yoongi. You ran a hand through your hair and gave yourself a cursory check in the mirror by your door before heading out. Surprisingly, you didn't look as tired as you felt. Your dress was slightly wrinkled, and your hair a bit limp, but aside from that, you looked good. You headed out into the hallway to go see the Boss, your heart already beginning to pound nervously as butterflies took wing in your belly.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

As you neared the Boss' study, faint musical notes rang against your ears. You paused at the large painting in the hall, tilting your head to the side, trying to figure out where the music was coming from. The melody was sad, even despondant, but each single piano note was clear and crisp. They wound together beautifully, the melody haunting and even painful sometimes.