Ch. 34:ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇsᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

You'd heard about Jungkook's escape the morning after it happened, and it broke your heart. But Yoongi took it in stride, like he did with all news; just grimaced, nodded. Rolled his tongue. Sent Bangtans to hunt down him and Hyunjin, bring them back. Moved on to the next order of business for the day. You tried not to think about the assassin too much, but the way he had come to you before his fight with Yoongi kept replaying, over and over, in your dreams. You heard his voice, and one night you woke up, entirely convinced that Jungkook was on the balcony outside of your window. You swore he'd said your name. But when you rushed to look, only the gaze of the cold, distant stars met your eyes.

So, time passed. As it does.

But something wonderful happened a few days after the Escape. That's what everyone referred to it as, and you did the same. You heard a loud cry and hubbub coming from downstairs while you were working on an article in Yoongi's office -- he was out for the day, doing...whatever he did -- and rushed down the steps. Your eyes widened in surprise and a little shriek of joy left you. You jumped down the last five steps and physically flung yourself at the man standing in the foyer. Jin laughed and wrapped his arms around you, picking you up with ease and spinning you around in a circle for so long that when he set you back down, you were dizzy. You staggered and sidestepped as handsome, muscled figures rushed past you, whooping loudly.

The Inner Circle -- minus Kookie and Suga -- piled onto Jin, slapping him on the back, hugging him so tightly he yelled at them, ruffling his hair, putting him in a headlock, and a flurry of other boisterous actions. Your head spun and you gave it a little shake, blinking. To your absolute relief, Jin looked...good. Healthy. And even more devilishly handsome, somehow. He sported a black eyepatch over his left eye, and a few scars marred his handsome face, but they made him even more attractive somehow. Rugged.

Jin led the way through a quickly-growing crowd of men to one of the Manor's sitting rooms and dropped into a couch, resting his arms over its back. Happy he was home, you playfully fought Tae for the seat at his right side. When you flicked his forehead, the hacker pouted prettily and gave up, sitting next to you instead of Jin. But he bumped his shoulder against yours amicably, winking at you and grinning a boxy smile your way. You laughed, feeling happy, for the first time since Jungkook had come to you in the night. You felt Jin's arm snake around your waist and he squeezed you tightly up against his frame as he pressed a wet, sloppy kiss to your cheek. You groaned and wiped it off as two dozen or so Bangtan Boys mimed gagging and throwing up. Jin laughed. It sounded like windshield wipers and made you laugh, too.