DIG TWO GRAVES

"Listen to me. I am not your enemy. I am not going to torture you."

"What's in the syringe?"

My wrist was throbbing. "It's only going to freeze the area of your wound, so I can stitch you up without it hurting. It shouldn't have any adverse side effects with the meds you have been given."

"If you are lying I will know it."

"Fine. If you don't trust me you can inject me with it first then."

"What?"

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me. I am stranger and you have come from a place where you have been treated like a lab rat." I could feel my pulse pounding in my strangled wrist. "You can inject into my leg."

He blinked. "Why your leg?"

"Because....I can't stitch your wound if you inject my arm. My arm would freeze for half an hour and we would be wasting time. I wouldn't be able to dress your wounds which would leave you vulnerable to infection. But I can kneel on the bed with a frozen leg and still be able to help you."

He gazed trailed from my wrist to the syringe and then back to my eyes. "You are serious?"

"You can inject me or break my wrist, but I will still try to help you. I am no monster. I don't want to make you suffer. I don't enjoy seeing people in pain."

He looked some what shocked, as if I had hit him. Finally he let go of my arm and settled down into the bed. His face scrunched in agony. I could tell he was suffering deeply over the loss of his crew.

"This may hurt a bit and then it will feel numb." I injected the local anesthetic.

"There is no point to this. My body should regenerate and heal in a matter of hours."

"Hours? How?"

He smirked. "That is not important."

I reached into the first aid and took out the needle and thread for the stitches. "You know, we could go to StarFleet. I know people--"

"StarFleet has no conscience. No soul. They are apart of the very organization that destroyed my crew!"

"What? No--"

"Section 31 operates to protect StarFleet and Federation Space at all cost. At the cost of my family."

"No. Not the people I--"

"You can not trust any of them. They are the monsters, as cold as any Klingon. Worse even, for they are human yet act as monsters. The Klingons at least have the excuse of being born monsters. What's StarFleet's excuse?"

"Stay still. You are going to tear the stitches."

I could see his hands curling into tight fists.

"Such hatred for StarFleet?"

"I will make them pay for what they did to my crew. I will get them all in one room, and watch them pay."

I placed all the medical aid tools back into the kit and backed away.

"They took my family from me. Are you so shocked that I would seek vengeance?"

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

"I don't need you spitting archaic quotes at me. You didn't lose your family!"

"Yes, yes I did."

"How?"

There was a knock at the door. My body tensed.