QO' NOS: PART 1

"W-What happened?" Kirk sat up, his hands pressing against his forehead.

"It's over."

He stood up, a little wobbly at first.

"Captain Pike has been hit."

"What?" He glanced across the room and saw Spock leaning over the injured captain.

Kirk rushed across the room. I followed, careful not to slip on any glass.

"Is he...?" I feared the worse.

Spock didn't answer.

Kirk knelt down beside the captain, and I did as well. "Captain Pike, can you hear me? I am nurse Swanson. You have been injured and I am going to help you."

He stared, blankly. He turned to Kirk and then his eyes closed.

"No," I whispered.

"What are you doing? Save him!" Kirk was close to begging me.

I felt for a pulse. There was none. I ripped open the men's jacket to fine a gaping wound over his heart. I couldn't even perform CPR because of the wound. "Kirk, I am sorry...he is gone."

Kirk sobbed and grasped the captain's shoulder. "There has to be something you can do."

"There might be..." I stood up and walked to the door where Admiral Marcus was hiding by the doorframe. He was yelling orders at the paramedics.

"Admiral."

He ignored me or didn't hear me over the shouting and alarms.

"Admiral!"

"What?"

"The Cyrostasis chamber from the museum. Is it still functional?"

His brows furrowed, making his forehead wrinkle. "Yes. Why?"

"Where is it being stored while the museum is being rebuilt?"

"In a storage area in the basement of this building with the rest of the artifacts. Does this have any relevance to the utter chaos that is happening here?"

"Yes. You need to bring that chamber up here and put Captain Pike's body in it to preserve him."

"He is already dead!"

Kirk and Spock walked up to join the conversation.

"Yes, but if we put Captain Pike in Cyrostasis it will preserve his body. If the regenerative serum that cured Lucille Harewood can be found, then perhaps we could use it on Captain Pike, but not if his body decays."

The captain consider this. "Fine."

He gave the orders to bring up the chamber put Captain Pike into a cryogenic sleep.

***

I took hold of vase on my nightstand and smashed it to the ground. The whilting white tulips rested in a puddle of water and glass. My hands shook. I took hold of the nightstand itself and bashed it against the wall, the legs broke and I dropped the table to the ground.

My fist burst into pain when I smashed my hand into the wall. I slunk to the floor and cried. Rage shook my body.

My door flung open. "What's going on?" Carol shouted.

"You!" I stood. "You know what's going on. I didn't want bring it up...I didn't want to accuse you and hurt your family because you have been kind to me."

She shut the door behind her. "What are you talking about?"

"Section 31! Cyrostasis. 7r remaining. What does it mean?"