CHAPTER 2

Hiksss...hiksss... Six years old Clarie sits on the corner of the room sobbing quietly. A silver bracelet, a birthday gift from her mom always encircles her wrist. Never let it off event a second.

"Who's there?" a boy walks quietly through the source sound. Dust smell very thick passes into his nose. No lamp, there is only sunlight that enters through the gaps of the old building. He keeps walking through and bravely looking for the sobbing voice. Spider web crossing everywhere. His hand keeps sweeping all those webs. His eyes looked here and there censoring all places.

From a distance, he saw a little girl sitting alone in the corner of the room. Ckch... ckch... he walks and steps on a puddle. Damp air filled the entire room. Very uncomfortable and breathless.

"I'm sorry. Why are you here?" ask him while squad down. "Hey, what's your name? How old are you?" he keeps asking. "Sorry, forcing you too much." "Let's go out of here" talking that little girl's hand. Her hand freezing cold and she is looking down throughout walking out of that building.

"We're out already." He is trying to make a conversation. "Thank you." A slight voice came out from her mouth. "It's okay. So, your name?" He thought that little girl is a mute kid. Seems like bright light erases her fear. Fresh air blowing their hair. Green grass swaying in the wind. Kringg... Kringgg... sound of ice cream cart distract their focus. Strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream are seen from the glass cart. Look so good, sweet, and tasty.

"Clarie" she answered but her eyes are hypnotized by the ice cream cart across the street. "I'm Greyson by the way."

"You want it?" Greyson pulls her hand and orders 2 cups of ice cream with strawberry and chocolate flavors. "Thank you." Since then, just a few words come out of her mouth, seems like she saving her words.

"Nice bracelet. It from your parents?" Greyson thinks so hard to start a topic. He licked the ice cream but inside his brain, he think about what will he talk about with Clarie. His eyes were never off from Clarie. Watch from top to bottom. Suddenly, Clarie steals a glance.

"Thanks. You too, nice necklace." She responds. Her voice is very soft. It's hard for Greyson to listen to her. "What? My necklace?" asked him to make sure. A necklace with a plain silver cross pendant hangs on Greyson's neck. It was a gift from his grandfather. He hoped that Greyson would always be protected by God.

***

Tokkk... Tokkk... "Sir, the director is outside." Mr. Joe informed. "Let him in," he answered.

The Direction discusses a contract. He wants to borrow the office as a shooting location. Greyson agreed to the contract. He didn't ask for too much.

"It's okay as long as not distract our working activities." In the business world, Greyson never complicates anything, he is a kinda nice working partner. His style makes people mistaken about him. Greyson is too kind in the business world and God always makes things easy for him. So far he has never experienced a loss.

"Can we start today?" The Director negotiate with him.

"Go ahead. Remember, don't disturb our working activities. Deal?" once again, he emphasizes.

"Deal" they make a deal and Mr. Joe lets him out of the room.

Kringgg...kringgg... Greyson takes his phone and stares at the screen. The name Klaus fills the whole screen. His best friend frequently calls him just to have a chit-chat. Sometimes Greyson feels annoyed but somehow he cannot reject him, like an unbreakable relationship.

"What?" Greyson answers his phone call in an unfriendly voice.

"I'm here. Meet me at the cafe." Answer Klaus casually.

Klaus always chooses the same place and the same position. Huge skyscrapers see from the glass wall become their chit-chat view. Sunlight gets through inside the cafe warm up a glass of coffee on the white small round table.

"What you doing?" Greyson walks closer to the sit.

"Come on. Let have a chit-chat." "Have you found her?" ask him to the point. Klaus knows everything about Greyson. Greyson always tells and shares with him everything about his struggle. No wonder Greyson cannot reject him. "I dreamt. You meet a girl in a lobby. It seems like she is the girl you have been looking for." He added.

"Don't be silly. I have a lot of work. Meet me next time." Greyson had just sat down and immediately want to leave.

"Babe, come to your house tonight!" shout Klaus.

Greyson walks away. Film crews walking around carrying shooting equipment. From a distance, Greyson sees a woman sitting on the shooting chair reading a script. Long and black hair, light and smooth skin, really poreless. Pink cheeks and nude lips, she is so charming. Greyson's gaze turned to something hanging on her wrist.

"That bracelet!" his eyes widen. "Is that her?"

"Clarie, your turn." shouted the director. Greyson was very surprised knowing that woman was the girl that he looking for. A word is written Clarie on the shooting chair where she sits before, making Greyson more sure and confident that the woman is the little Clarie that he met 20 years ago.

~ ~ ~