CHAPTER 5

Tokkk...tokkk...tokkk... "Greyson, let's play!" Little Clarie knocking a white door in front of her. "Are you there?" Clarie keeps knocking on the door. Strong winds, blows lots of leaves. Little Clarie brings a toy and wants to ask Greyson to play with her. Clarie, the innocent little girl keeps knocking and waiting for Greyson in front of his house.

"Greyson are you there?" Her smile turn disappointed. She is waiting about 20 minutes and no one is out. "I know. You wanna play hide and seek right?" Clarie keep happy and thought Greyson want to play with her.

"Clarie, honey. Greyson's family moved this morning. Everything is sudden. Greyson didn't know before." from Clarie's back, heard a woman's voice. She hugs and smiles at Clarie.

"Let's go home, honey." She tries to tell the truth that Greyson has already moved out.

"No mom. He wants to play hide and seek with me." Clarie runs away and counts on a big tree in Greyson's yard. "One...Two...Three..." she keep counting.

Greyson means a lot to Clarie. From the moment Greyson found her and bought her ice cream, Clarie is dependent on Greyson. Patient and gentle Greyson makes Clarie feel safe and comfortable around him. Greyson changes Clarie's life a lot. It is such a biggest disappointment for Clarie when she knows her one and only friend left her. Clarie cannot accept the reality and every day she sits in front of Greyson's door house and waiting Greyson will out from that door.

One day Clarie has a high fever. The thermometer shows 39 degrees. Clarie's mother is crying every night and very worried. Greyson...Greyson... every night Clarie calls that name. On the fourth day, Clarie's fever decreased and got better.

"Honey, how are your feelings?" Clarie's mother tries to talk to her. "Greyson give an ice cream for you." Her mother tries to coax her. At first, no response from Clarie.

"Who's Greyson?" She looks confused. "My new hamster?" She tries to guest. Since then, Clarie forget Greyson. Like a deep sadness that makes her forget a memory in her life.

***

Clarie's eyes open slowly. Looks blurry but focus after three seconds. She looks at her hand. The infusion needle is neatly attached to the back of her hand. Tiittt....tittt...tittt...The monitor shows Clarie's heart rate had stabilized.

"Wake up?" Rose's voice came from the right side. "I'll call the doctor." Rose runs excitedly looking for a doctor.

Clarie feels touching on something. She turns her head slowly. A man's head seems to sleep on the edge of her bed. That is Greyson, he falls asleep while waiting for Clarie to wake up.

"Doctor is coming." Rose's loud voice wakes Greyson up. The doctor approached and examined her in detail.

"You fainted because your heartbeat was too high. Now everything is normal. You may take lots of rest." The doctor explained briefly and left the room.

Clarie is staring at Greyson, who was sitting on the sofa opposite her bed. Greyson turns his head and realized Clarie is staring at him. Clarie tries to sit up. Greyson quickly stands up and helps Clarie straighten her position. Clarie hugs Greyson and cries so hard.

"Finally you are back." Clarie hugs Greyson and cries so hard. Greyson shocks and he only can calm Clarie down. "When the light is off. I suddenly remember all the things. Everything seems clear. I remember you. Your necklace." Clarie pointed at the silver necklace that hanging on Greyson's neck.

"You left me!" Clarie's memory completely returned as she sat on the toilet in the dark. Just like how she was when she was a kid. The incident shocked her and instantly bring back a piece of her old precious memory.

"Clarie. Do you remember?" ask Rose and come closer.

"You know about it?" Clarie confused. "Why don't you tell me?" Clarie's tone is higher, she looks disappointed and felt that everyone is hiding from her and she was the only one who didn't know anything.

"I'm just running your mom's message," Rose explains. "Your mother told me not to tell you and let you remember it by yourself. So it is not hurt you at all." Her tears fall every time she remembers about Clarie's mother.

Greyson wipes Clarie's tears. Slowly, Greyson brings his face closer. He kisses Clarie gently. Such a magical kiss. It instantly calms Clarie's at all.

"I'll explain the details later. It was also a difficult time for me." Greyson hugs Clarie warmly. "Leaving you and accepting a harsh reality really shook me." He continued.

Greyson stands up and walks to the small white table in front of the sofa. A bucket stands cutely above it. Greyson gave it to Clarie and helps her to open it. It is full of strawberry and chocolate ice cream flavors. Looks so tempting. Clarie smiles and flashed back to their childhood memories when Greyson also bought her ice cream with the same flavor.

Memory is something that cannot be erased. If it is lost, one day it will come back by itself. Sometimes something that is lost will be found in a way beyond our knowledge. If someone is destined for us. Somehow they will come back to us. Although in a very unique way.

~ ~ ~