Ch. 23

It's been a week and I keep avoiding Jaewon ever since he stayed over at Hyebin's place. He also didn't contact me after that night which made me so mad and irritated.

"Still no message from him?" Yuta said while reading a book in front of me. I stayed silent.

"I take that as a yes."

I heard a notification from my phone. I feel so giddy and excited to open it hoping it will be from someone I anticipate to message me.

New Message
07:38 pm

crystal:
I know you've been
avoiding using Facebook

but you need to see something
like right now

—†—

After I saw Crystal's message I immediately opened the app and the first thing I saw was his post.

Jung Jaewon posted a new picture.

girl friend  — with Hyebin Kim

I froze. I stared at my phone screen for the longest time. All I could think about was I shouldn't let any of the oldies see this because they will cut his head off.

And then it started to sink in. My heart shattered as I can't take my eyes off the picture until my vision gets so blurry. My throat starts to suffocate. It felt like I am drowning and helpless.  I couldn't say a word or think of what I should do. 

"What are you looking at?" Yuta noticed I wasn't moving for a minute and he decided to get my phone to see what I was staring at the whole time. My hands were shaking and I was hesitant to let go of my phone.

I compose myself as I see Yuta's mood change darkly when he looked at my phone which is evident on his face. He started to roll his eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with your boyfriend? Oh wait, is he even deserving to be called by that? He wasn't even sorry about what he did and now he's posting this?" He was controlling his anger and tried to calm down. I couldn't see clearly because I started to cry.

Yuta gave me a tissue and a glass of water.

"You know what, he loves being loved by you that's why when it's convenient for him, he'll come to you. And ignore you if his friends are there." He said and took a sip on his iced latte. I wiped my tears and just let Yuta talk.

"The boys and I are keeping you distracted from thinking about him the whole week. If he really truly cares about you, he would reach out the day after their hang out, and wouldn't post such a thing with his girl best friend, girl space friend, or whatever. If he truly loves you, he wouldn't let you overthink these things and reassures you. Do you get that?" He continued and I nod. He patted my head to comfort me.