12

THE LOW, A JACK HARLOW FIC.

CHAPTER TWELVE.

BEGIN.

Jack wasn't paying attention to one thing the nurse was saying but Solána was listening like her life had depended on it. Which it mostly did. She was told to sign information forms before they were seen.

Jack glanced at her as she read the portions out loud, "sex: Female... age: I'm not saying that out loud." She said before filling out the rest of the rest in her head. Jacks face was probably bright pink but he didn't mind. She noticed him staring then she noticed him blushing.

"Any reason why you look like a tomato?" SZA questioned as he let out a nervous laugh and cleared his throat. He had no idea what he looked like staring at her while she was probably in pain. But a part of him didn't care.

"My bad." Jack apologized and made a mental note to stop looking at her.

After five minutes the form was filled out and ushered to the nurse by Jack. She sat at the desk chewing on the pen distractedly before finally looking up with boredom. As she took Jack in her eyes budged almost out of her head.

"Oh my god! Are you?—" she practically screamed catching looks from her coworkers and the patients. She stopped abruptly when Jack put a finger to his lips. She nodded and obeyed but she couldn't keep the smile off her face.

"I was thinking that's gotta be Jack.. and then I was like nah he look more like one of those middle aged men that be obsessed with rebranded juicy couture clothes." She rambled off laughing at herself as Jack held the clipboard in his hand, "like you know how they be putting juicy on the butt. But they be making it for men and it be oversized and manly." She laughed a screeching laugh before stopping and sizing him up.

"Yeah I know those." Jack responded but he wasn't even wearing a tracksuit. He'd worn one once and it definitely wasn't Juicy couture. She basically called him a 2000's mom in a man body.

"Ok good I thought I was bugging out." She mumbled off typing in her computer as Jack agreed that she was in his head. "Can we get a picture though?! Oh my god I'm gonna show this to my cousin and my best friend and my grandma! Granny always says how hot you are." Jack grew uncomfortable as he silently nodded.

"She be sayin crazy stuff, like she would show you a good time and give you some hard candy afterwards..." Jacks face must've been as grossed out as he felt because she stopped talking, finally. She snapped a picture and SZA walked over.

"What's taking so long.." before she could finish her sentence the girl actually screamed. "Yo, I actually have to call my niece!" She said excitedly. Then she started dialing, in front of them.

"Cece! Guess who's here!?" She went back and forth with 'Cece' before finally giving up who it was and screaming into the phone, "yesss, good day in my mind need to get that d— now!" She started butchering the lyrics and whining her body in her seat.

"Those aren't the lyrics.." Jack mentioned as she snapped and then ignored him.

"Solána?!" The doctor called from the hallway, dressed in a long white coat as the two felt relived. He was short with a chubby face and looked like he belonged in a middle school. Jack turned back to see the deranged woman as she mouthed "call me" and he visibly shuddered. "I'm Dr.Ken"

They ended up in a white room with some posters and boxes of gloves sorted around. She took a seat on the bed and looked at Jack. She was still nervous about kissing him but she didn't know what to say about it. She didn't even know what the reason for it was. Because you like him. She mentally slapped herself and tried to think about anything else.