22

THE LOW, A JACK HARLOW FIC.   

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.

BEGIN.

The man that agreed to help me was an old friend of mine that used to meddle in court cases. For example mine, he helped me win mostly every-time. I knew that even with Jack having an NDA with Claire certain things evidence could still be pressed into the case.

Ryan could read the thoughts from my face and moved the papers in front of him around to see what he needed to work with. "Are you in contact with with the man we're helping?" Ryan knew the man's name was Jack Harlow but didn't mention it. He stares at her from across the table waiting for her to correct it but smirked when she didn't.

Ryan was skinny and a bit short, he short curly hair with a stubbled beard and always using inappropriate times like this to flirt. "No we're not." Solána said as he grimaced and looked down. She knew it was because they hadn't been speaking because otherwise he'd probably smile.

He touched his finger to his lips, "that's really not good... we need him to verify things, for him to get more obvious proof for the case..." he mumbled the rest to himself before sighing deeply. He was officially in serious lawyer mode.

"I don't really think he wants my help I just need to do this." Solána said seriously as Ryan looked up at her and nodded holding his lip between his teeth. He didn't move before shaking his head.

"All we have is her contact with you which didn't have much evidence involved. She's just saying crazy shit." Solána laughed at the sudden curse and honest before nodding, "do you have any witnesses that can add to Jacks claims?" Ryan asked as Montero popped into the living room just as she expected.

"That would be me." Montero said, shaking Ryans hand. He got distracted before looking back down at his papers, "And what do you have to say?" Ryan no longer gave Montero eye contact as he looked at me instead. I gave him a small smile because he looked nervous for some reason.

"Well there's multiple things I can say. Claire says that Jack abused her by throwing a glass cup at her but I think the opposite happened. Jacks been to the hospital, he's had stitches in his head, he's clearly the one that was attacked. Also during the time they were together anytime I saw Claire she looked perfectly fine, the only time I saw bruising was on Jack." Montero took a deep breath as Ryan wrote down what he said, "During the time that Claire claims she was harassed Jacks entire mood and behavior was completely off, it was weird. That's not evidence just... I know my friend. He's not—" Montero stopped to look at me as I nodded.

"Could you say this in court?" Ryan asked still looking at Montero as if he was some sort of unicorn before he nodded. "Yeah but with all the contracts they've been putting up it's not..." Montero trailed off.

"We need to be there for him. He would do the same thing for us." Solána suddenly demanded as Montero nodded, "I could promise find out where it's taking place and the time since he usually blabs that stuff to Urban." Montero said with and eye roll.

"Okay then it's settled." Solána nodded as Montero agreed and walked out the room, "Can I have his number?" Ryan asked with crazy eyes.

Solána laughing out loud, "I thought you were into me." She admitted before it was his turn to laugh out loud, "why would you think that?"

"You're always looking at me like you'd enjoy seeing me naked."

"Yeah sure I would but I just make that face regularly. Please give me his number." Ryan begged as she wrote it down on a piece of paper that Ryan proceeded to kiss, "okay well I'm out of here. I'll be working on this for 10 hours and a good first text message for 20." And just like that he was gone. Solána wondered if she should call Jack and tell him the news. Just as soon as she did she was tagged in an Instagram post.