23

THE LOW, A JACK HARLOW FIC.

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE.

BEGIN.

The last thing Jack expected to see was Solána, Montero, Drew and Urban in the stands of the court room. As much as he wanted to be tense about the fact that they all now knew what he had been through he couldn't help but be touched. He could almost cry in the moment but he stayed straight face the whole time.

The moment he knew he was going to break was when Claire slipped up on one of her lies, "That's when he hit me with the glass bowl—" she stopped realizing the lie that fell from her lips. It took everything in Jack not to smile as the judge shot her a dismayed look. He quickly looked over at Jack who kept his composure.

"I thought the alleged item was a glass cup not a bowl?" The judge shot Jacks lawyer a look and after two hours of debate it was done. Jack was declared "Not Guilty" as they proceeded Claire's punishment for alleged defamation and lying under oath.

Jack hadn't noticed until the tear literally fell from his eye. Suddenly every twisted thing Claire had ever said to him crashed in front of him. He looked back at Solána as his eyes went blurry. All the things she said to him rushed to his head finally. He was so happy to know her despite everything between them.

"You talk to every woman as this party. All you have to do is get them a Coke and you're in their pants right?" (3)

"When did you write that song?", "After I met you." (5)

"No I... I don't hate you Jack." (7)

"I don't want you to have to take care of me Jack." (9)

"I love you.. I love you... I love you." (14)

"Yeah usually my boyfriend would kiss me by now-" (15)

"I don't date cheaters Jack." (16)

"You have one month. Don't contact me. Don't speak to me. Don't talk to me through anybody. That's it." (20)

The most important things Solána have ever said to him rushed forawrd as he stared at her. She was busy scowling at Claire probably counting how long she'd be in jail for beating her ass. He saw her stand up and made sure that she wasn't going to do anything—in front of a judge.

Seeing Jack suddenly shifted her focus as her face grew more relaxed but something in her eyes was nervous. Jack wondered why until he realized it was because of him. Before he could say anything to her he heard shouting from the other side of the room.

"Just let me hold it... Like let me bang it one time!" Montero negotiated with the judge who looked like he wanted to personally send him to jail. It wasn't long before he realized what Montero was talking about, the gavel that is usually used on judge tv shows.

Drew and Urban sat to the side before Drew took a long exhale, "Montero you need to stop, the gavel is really only for people who are worthy." Drew said before winking at the judge with a smirk.

"Man I can't believe he kicked us out." Montero groaned as we sat outside of the building. We all sent him a "Are you fr...?" Look as he pretended to be completely innocent.

"I can't believe he let Urban bang the gavel." Drew said under his breath refusing to look urban in the eye as jack and Solána laughed out loud. Jack didn't get a chance to look at her before Urban spoke.