20

THE LOW, A JACK HARLOW FIC.

CHAPTER TWENTY.

BEGIN.

SZAs long hair swayed past her face and past her shoulders as she took a long sip of her drink. She was dressed in a blue denim corset top and small black shorts underneath. Jack could feel his breath stop as the sight of her.

Her face was covered in the dark lights of the club where she decided to celebrate since she was so fucking talented. Jack put down his blunt as he thought about talking to her. Claire was putting him in the worst spot in his life.

From the corner of his eye he could see Montero dancing on some guy. He wondered what Montero spoke to Solána on especially since he knew about the NDA. If he ever had one with Solána he might shoot himself.

He looked up from the crowd and realized that Solána was gone. He blinked as she was at the bar, probably getting a refill of whatever light drink she was drinking. A tall guy with a beard and a black brown jacket eyed her and sat beside her.

Jack waited before hearing her laugh to look away. When he heard it again he realized his hand was in a fist and before he knew it he was behind her. Putting a hand on her shoulder and looking at the guy like he stole something.

Solána practically jumped at the touch, no she actually did, she spilled some of her drink. She eyed Jack with venom and a shut jaw. He smirked as the guy sitting across from her grew confused. He looked between the two but he still didn't manage to vanish.

"Am I interrupting something?" The man asked and Jack huffed, it's something he should be asking. Solána moved from his grip and responded.

"No just the daily harassment, apparently chivalry doesn't exist." Solána said angrily without looking over his shoulder. Jack wanted to say "no it didn't" without being sexist but it was impossible so he just lingered behind her making the dude uncomfortable.

"Hey man I don't think she wants to be bothered with you?" The guy said as if it was a question and Jack could feel Solána cringe so he laughed. As if Solána knew exactly what he was laughing at she snapped around.

"Can we help you?" She gritted out as if she were the one saving him. And she was pretending as if she wasn't going to tell the guy to get out of her face either way. Jack stared into her black eyes watching the curve of her mouth as it frowned.

He could tell her about the NDA and stop lying just so he was able to touch her. He grimaced as she caught it as if it was directed towards her. She frowned deeper and turned around. "Solána. Please just give me a month to explain.." he begged as she snapped around.

"A month?! Why the hell would you need a month to explain fucking someone else?!" Solána yelled louder than she should've but Jack didn't care. The man was no longer on the side of her so he decided to look around. Behind him was a dark corner with barely any people around.

"Can you follow me?" Jack asked and Solána didn't nod or say anything as if all her questions were rehearsed and said perfectly. They made it to the spot in the corner as Jack sighed. The was a small light coming from somewhere in the club and he could see the small features of her face.

"You know I love you—"

"Please Jack. I really don't want to listen to that right now." She begged as a tear flew down her eye. Jack cursed to himself, he was making things worst. He had to pick between telling her or lying to her. Both hurt. His hand rested on the wall beside her since it was as close as he could get to touching her.

"What if I tell you the truth in a month? Everything. Montero knows the truth. He knows why I can't tell you. I won't speak to you. Not a word. Until next month. And then after I tell you... you can either go back to being mine or.. we can end this." Jack propositioned thinking it was at least a little smart but by the way Solánas eyebrow moved he just put himself in a worst spot.

"Montero knows? I don't get who I'm supposed to trust, I don't have anybody Jack. You took that away from me. I'm surrounded by people I don't even know in this damn party and the one guy I loved is telling me I need to wait a month to understand why he cheated on me." She breathed as Jack realized she was almost having an attack. Because of him. He cursed himself before petting the hair on her head.

She breathed calmly at the gesture before closing her eyes and exhaling.

"Tell me you still love me Solána." Jack could feel his voice almost breaking as his hands moved from the wall to her shoulders.

"I don't... know..." she lied.

"Please. I would never cheat on you. I would never stop loving you. Why don't you trust m—" Jack was relived he could stop talking but the instant rush he got from kissing her was the biggest relief of all. She was warm and pushing against him. He could taste the sweetness of whatever she was drinking as he moved his hands to her hair.

She took a breath and disconnected the kiss leaving Jack feeling empty and he could tell she felt the same. "You have one month. Don't contact me. Don't speak to me. Don't talk to me through anybody. That's it." She breathed and Jack ran a hand through his hair.

Why'd she kiss him and then make that deal? Was it some sort of torture plan?

"Do you still love me?" She didn't answer his question and he realized that was the only thing helping him decipher anything, his plans, his unhealthy behavior, his need to be with her. It controlled every piece of him and he had to know she felt it too.

"I do Jack." She hesitated as he could hear his heart beat, "I just don't know why you would-" she stopped herself to wipe her tears. He kissed her lips and then drew back because he didn't have permission.

"I didn't cheat on you Solána. Believe me. I was talking with my ex and she just." A pain stuck inside him as he uncovered a thought about her, "she's not a good person.. I need you to trust me." Solána nodded warily before placing a kiss on the side of his mouth.

"A month Jack." She promised before walking away.

A month. Got it.

an: nah the way I was supposed to post this last night and forgot
sorry I haven't been on here but please comment and vote