Drunk

Elijah's Pov

\\CW: Blood, cigarettes, drinking//

I put my bowl in the sink and cleaned it out. I took out a small glass container and put the remaining pasta from the pot into it. After putting it in the fridge, I sat down on the couch and curled up.

The smell of cigarettes suddenly filled the room. I covered my nose and began coughing, it hurt a little.

I closed all the windows in the main room and went over to the one in my bedroom. I heard a voice and poked my head out. Someone sat on the platform of the fire exit above me. I rolled my eyes and went to close the window.

"Hey! You!" Someone called. I looked back out at the person above me. It was the same man from earlier.

He stood up, wobbling a little. I climbed out the window and climbed up to him, I didn't want him to fall.

He had a strange smile on his face. I looked at the ground. There were a couple empty beer cans sitting out. He pulled gently on my cardigan.

"These colors are pretty," He mumbled. I lightly pushed him off and led him back to the window.

"Go get back to your apartment," I said, pointing inside. "I don't feel like dealing with this right now."

The man nodded and climbed back inside. I sighed and turned to leave. I kicked one of the beer cans and stopped.

I picked them up and climbed inside. His room was a mess. There was a pile of clothes, the bed sheets were falling off, and the whole apartment smelled of cigarettes. I dropped the cans into the trash.

The man sat on his bed, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands. He looked at me and smiled. I looked around the room again. Seeing it a mess bothered me but it wasn't MY room.

"It's a mess I know," The man laughed. "I don't have the energy to clean it." He leaned back, using his arms to prop himself up. He stared up at the ceiling and smiled.

I went over to his desk which had papers all over it. I organized them into piles then began throwing out some of the trash that was on the floor.

The man stayed on his bed and watched me as I went around his room.

"You remind me of my mother," He said, breaking the silence. "She made sure everything was neat all the time. My dad yelled at her for it." I stopped and looked back at him. He was still smiling but I was more of a sad smile.

I went over to the bed and he looked at me.

"Move," I nudged his shoulder a little. "Let me fix the bed sheets." The man shook his head and laid down.

"You're sick, aren't you? I heard you coughing. Sounded like it hurt." I rolled my eyes and turned to his nightstand. There was an ashtray next to his lamp, a pile of cigarettes sitting in it. I picked it up and went to throw away the burnt out ones.

The dust flew at me. I tried to cover my mouth but I began coughing. I put the ashtray down and held my chest. I had to sit down to try to catch my breath.

I kept coughing, each more painful than the one before it. I leaned against the bed and tried to calm my breathing.

The man sat down next to me. He reached over my head and grabbed a tissue from the nightstand.

He lifted it to my face, it made me flinch a little. He wiped something from below my mouth. The man gently lifted my hand, blood splattered on it. Blood was on the tissue too.

"You really sick, huh?" The man mumbled. "You should go see a doctor." I shook my head.

"I'm afraid to. I don't have the money to pay for doctor's appointments." There was silence. I grabbed a tissue and wiped the blood from my hand. I went over to the window and paused.

"Alex was it?" I turned back to the man. He looked up at me surprised.

"Y-yeah," He mumbled. "I never got your name."

"Elijah," I said before climbing out the window.

ˇº—• <3 •—ºˇ

There was a quiet knock on my window. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up from my bed. I looked at the window and saw Alex sitting outside on the fire escape platform.

I went over to the window and opened it. Alex smiled at me.

"Thanks for cleaning my room yesterday..." He said. "...mom." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"I could go back up there and trash it if you'd like." I murmured. Alex laughed and patted the top of my head.

"You look cute when you're angry," He stood up and left. I stood there, dumbfounded. I rubbed my eyes and closed the window.

Weirdo.