Kiss

//TW: Blood\\

(I'm so sorry)

Alex's POV

I heard coughing from the other room. I ran into Elijah's room. He was coughing into a tissue that slowly turned red. I sat next to him on his bed and softly rubbed his back.

"Do you need anything?" I whispered.

"Sink..." He mumbled. I slowly walked him over to the sink and filled a cup with water. He washed his mouth out and stayed hunched over the sink for a few minutes.

"We have to go in for treatment today anyways," I grabbed the car keys and a box of tissues. We slowly walked to the car.

I drove to the hospital. Elijah stared out the window the whole time. We sat in the waiting room for a few minutes until the doctor came out. She saw Elijah sitting there, hunched over, with a crumpled up bloody tissue in his hand.

She helped Elijah to the room and I waited for them to come back.

ˇ°—•<3•—°ˇ

Elijah came back after a while. The doctor walked over and sighed. She looked at Elijah and smiled slightly.

"All done for today," She said. "I won't see you until next month so happy Fourth of July!"

"You too," I smiled before helping Elijah to the car.

As soon as we got home, I brought Elijah to his room. He let go of my hand and grabbed a chair. He put it in front of his bed and before sitting down. He patted the chair and looked at me. I sat down and looked at him confused. I held my hand, his hand shaking.

He looked up at me and smiled. "I asked the doctor to stop my treatment. You don't need to pay for it anymore." I was shocked.

"What?! Why?!" I called. I grabbed his other hand. He smiled.

"I don't think I'm going to last the night, Alex." I felt tears rolling down my face. "It's been hard for me to breathe over the last few days. I didn't want to tell you so you didn't worry."

"No no no no. We need to get you back to the hospital right now." I stood up and pulled him to follow me.

He let go of my hand and stayed sitting on the bed. "What are you doing?!" I yelled, my voice shaking.

He smiled again. "I don't want to spend my last moments in a hospital bed." He stood up and walked up to me. He held my hands and placed them on his waist before wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Thank you so much," He looked up at me, tears streaming down his face. "You've made me so happy in the past year." He leaned forward.

I felt his lips on mine. He backed away and laughed a little.

"My first kiss," He wiped his tears away. "Ironic, isn't it?" I couldn't say a word. I couldn't believe any of it. I didn't want to believe any of it. He lifted his hand to my face and placed it on my cheek. He lightly rubbed his thumb against my face, wiping some of my tears away.

"Please don't cry," He mumbled. "I don't want your last memory of me to be a sad one."

"I-I love you," I finally got out. Elijah smiled. He began coughing again and his body seemed weaker. I slowly knelt on the floor. I held him in my arms. He looked up at me.

"I love you too," He said. He leaned forward and kissed me again. He tightly hugged me but I soon felt his grip get weaker before falling.

————</3————

3rd person

Alex slowly walked out of his room. He looked around and saw Cereal sitting on the couch. It was quiet. Too quiet.

Alex sighed. He heard a soft knock on the door. He walked over and opened it. The doctor stood in the hall.

"Happy Fourth of July," She mumbled. She held out a small black box with a white ribbon wrapped around it. She also held out a small note. "He wanted me to give you this today." Alex took the items and looked them over. He opened the note.

8:00, Town Center Park

Don't be late and don't open the box until you get there

-Elijah

"Thanks," Alex whispered. The doctor sighed.

"He also asked me to make sure you kept your promise." She smiled. Alex invited her in. She looked in the fridge and didn't see any beer bottles.

"I threw my lighter away." Alex walked over to her. "You could ask the cashier at the store down the street. I haven't been there since I made my promise." The doctor smiled.

The two said goodbye to each other and she left. Alex looked down at the note again.

————</3————

Alex walked up a bench, wearing his pajama pants Elijah had bought him. He had on Elijah's cardigan as well. He sat on the bench and looked at his watch.

"Exactly 8," He looked at the box. He slowly pulled the ribbon off. He opened the box and took out another note.

Alex,

Thank you for changing my life. You've made the last year the most memorable year of my life.

I don't want you to be sad. I'm in a better place now.

I made sure that some of my ashes were made into something special. So you had a little piece of me wherever you went.

Alex looked in the box. A necklace with a small diamond in the shape of a heart was inside. Alex took it out and looked at the rest of the note.

The other half I had made into something else for you.

Look up ;)

-Elijah

Alex heard the high pitched whistle of a firework. A line of smoke shot into the air. A loud bang was heard followed by a red heart firing out and slowly fizzing away.

.

.

.

<3