3 | strawberry cookie

❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 ?

𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙄 𝙖𝙢.

𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙥 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛. ❞

- 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓴𝓸𝓸𝓴, 𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓜𝓮

𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧, 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐊𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓.

''Can you at least wait for me?'' - I ran while carrying my torn backpack.

''Then why are you so slow?'' - he asked, rolling his eyes.

''Listen to me you little-''

He stopped and turned around which made me collide with his chest. I looked up at him.

''Little?''

I blushed, not remembering why was I mad at him in the first place.

''Well my backpack is torn, I can't carry all this heavy books and walk fast.''

''Nobody told you to bring all books on the first day.''

''How could I know if I'll have math first or english...? Better be safe than sorry.'' - I said.

''You've just started school, first grade and you're already being a nerd.'' - he walked ahead of me.

''Can you maybe help me with this, you second-grader?''

He looked at me, then down at my messed up backpack, which I was holding on for dear life.

''Naah...I can't.''

''Mhm, I see.''

We continued to walk in silence until we arrived at school.

''Oh God, are you crazy?'' - Haemin, my best friend and also my classmate from now on, rushed up to me.

''Well I had to bring all of the books, I didn't know what we'll have. And he didn't want to help.'' - I looked at him, he was talking with his friends at the end of the corridor.

''Your cookie?''

''Yeah right, ''cookie''. I wouldn't eat it even if it was a strawberry one.''

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐒𝐀𝐃, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟕.

''Y/N, please eat...At least strawberries, you love them.'' - Iseul said, begging me to eat for the 50th time.

''I'm not hungry.''

''Come on. It's not the end of the world.''

''It is.''

''But-''

''Don't start.'' - I started walking around the apartment, rushing fingers through my hair. ''All I ever wanted was to leave that place and have no contact with that country, and now I have to go back there?''

''You can still say that you don't want to go.'' - she said, eating a strawberry.

''You're kidding me right? Do you know how much I'll get paid if I go on the transfer? I can finally buy my own house to give you some peace here.''

''Now you're getting into it too much.'' - she said with her mouth full. ''You're not bothering me here. I told you since the day you came that you can be with me.''

Iseul is attending college here. She's older than me and her parents are paying her to stay here. She was my babysitter when I was little and she's from Busan too. When she heard that I'll get a job here she suggested me staying with her.

''I'm here with you for how long? Like, two years? And now the third one has started. I think you suffered enough with me.''

''Bullshit Y/N, you're like my little sister. But if you already have plans with the money then why is going to Seoul sounding like a crime to you?'' - she asked.

She knew, how could she not? I literally brainwashed her back then because I was talking about him 24/7. One look was enough for her to understand.

''Oh...Is that there? Does that still exists?'' - she asked, grabbing another strawberry.

''It never stopped being, and I'm assuming it will never stop.''

''I just remembered that one girl from my collage is an Arm-''

''Don't start.'' - I said and she pulled her hands up in surrender.

''Chill girl, but why is it bothering you so much? You're going there professionally right? Just do your thing, get the money and come back. Fuck the rest.''

She was right. But was I mentally ready to handle everything that is awaiting for me?